Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 rio had dim headlights so I installed a HID kit. I enjoy them but people always flash their highbeams at me. Drove threw a patch of fog and saw my beans pointing in the oncoming lane crossing right where a driver would be.

I looked up how to do the adjustments but i cant find the screws. What i can see is passenger side example looking down right side theres a phillips screw attached to a cog like thing but on the left side theres no screws just this white plastic thing. Anyone have pics or video guide for an 04??

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can take pictures, but all I can find info on is 'knobs' or 'screws' and if someone could email me a repair manual for my 2004 that'd be cool ([email protected]) as Kiatechinfo doesnt have repair manual OR general manual for my year.

Looking at my lights there is one philips screw on this slotted plate thing that looks like it would adjust my lights, and above it looks like there might have been a knob but not sure as its missing on both sides if it was a knob. on the outside towards fender side of the car there is this white flat looking thing that isnt really graspable by hand, and doesnt look like I can stick something inside to turn it. It looks like its on a slotted disc that is similar to the philips screw, but no screw??? Can take pictures when the sun comes out again, its kind of snowing. Will update profile now for more info.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres the two radiator inside dial things, one is philios, other looks odd and useless

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres the mysterious white dial. Its a tight space not too hand friendly, driver side even worse.... Not sure what it is.. Maybe a cap?? How the hell do i aim my headlights?

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Weather this help's or not I just wanted to reply. I think your on the right track with your thinking. I never adjusted my headlights only replaced my headlight assembly drivers side due to deer damage but from what http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ say's your on the right track for adjustments. My 02 book say's there are 2 screws one for up and down and another for right and left but it is vauge not telling you how to do it or what screw or what's behind that white cover. My suggestion to you is to remove the headlight assembly bulb's and connectors and experiment with them. It can't hurt it's only 3 bolt's and electrical connectors to take the assembly out of the car. I really hope this help's somewhat. Experiment and good luck

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im scared to pop off that white cover. On streetkiaz website the guide doesnt have it but im unsure if its actually a cover.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Kiatech info doesn't specify where the screws are but does specify the measurements under: Body Electrical-Lighting system-repair procedures. I no longer have my Rio so I cannot verify, but there are 2 philips head adjustment screws under the hood ...one at top( for up/down adjustment. And one at inside (towards radiator) for right/left adjustment. They may be a bit recessed from the housing and attach to front clip frame area. At least this is how I remember it....

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Those things in your pics are not adjusters, at least None that I have ever experienced.... Look for metal screws...long with springs sometimes...that push/pull lamp assembly up/down...right/left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts