Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 kia rio. The timing belt broke and had to be replaced along with the head. The car ran fine after that though so I dont think that is the problem.

The car started idling bad and eventually wouldnt get any power. I could floor it and not get over 10-20mph. THe check engine reader says random misfire and misfire on 1 and 3.

It has brand new spark plugs(twice) new cables and the part the sparkplug wires connect to. Also changed one of the censors. Im not exactly sure whih one. It was on the back a little box that had a couple screws holding it on.

Ive been told it could be the mass air flow, throttle body, and a couple other things. Also sometimes after you clear the check engine the car will run fine. Most days its bad but sometimes its fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
How many miles or km on it? Was it a slow process to the lack of power or it just happened. Things i would check are the coil pack connectors one supplies cylinder 2/4 and the other is for 1/3 they are known to burn up hence the cylinder 1/3 missfire. Please fill out your profile to help us to help you better Good luck with it. Reguard,s Ronjohn keep us informed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts