Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to Kia forums. I'm glad I found this website!! I have a question on the turning radius of my 04 Optimus I just purchased. I can make a nice tight turn when going right; but turning left, the car needs more room than a pickup. I looked under the car to see if something was bent or causing a incomplete turn to the left, but found nothing out of place. I just want to know if this is normal or if I should take it in.
Thanks!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
That is not normal you should take it in. It is suppose to have a nice tight turn like when you are turning right. Oh ya welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jun 14 2005, 09:12 PM
That is not normal you should take it in. It is suppose to have a nice tight turn like when you are turning right. Oh ya welcome to the site.
"Oh ya welcome to the site???" LOL.. Sorento.. you're funny.. newayz, the turning radius is awesome on the optima, if it's a three lane road where you're busting a 'bish' you should end up in the middle lane pretty easily. So if you're experiencing a turning radius other than that then you really should have that checked.... geezz here's me too: BTW, welcome to KIA-Forums! Enjoy your stay.. the keg is in Sorento's living room.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I notice the turning stability of Optima/Magentis is probably alot better than many saloons. You can actually make tight turn at 50mph at expressway interchanges without stepping brake while seeing most brake lights behind other cars illuminated nervously.

If you are talking about U-turn, Optima/Magentis radius is just average.

Originally posted by salvagetherapy@Jun 14 2005, 12:58 PM
This is my first post to Kia forums. I'm glad I found this website!! I have a question on the turning radius of my 04 Optimus I just purchased. I can make a nice tight turn when going right; but turning left, the car needs more room than a pickup. I looked under the car to see if something was bent or causing a incomplete turn to the left, but found nothing out of place. I just want to know if this is normal or if I should take it in.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts