Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Could someone please tell me how many watts a 04 kia rio head deck puts out. In the manual it says 45watts x 4 but i really doubt it puts out that much. Also im looking to buy a kenwood KDC-MP4029 head deck...since my car is brand new should i keep my stock deck or buy the kenwood one which is an mp3 player with remote and detachable face that puts out 50watts x 4 for $239 (Aus). would it make much of a difference compared to my stock one? If anyone knows any other head units around $200-$300 (Aus) that are good please tell me.
I would appreciate any opinions or information i can get

·
Registered
115 Posts
That'll be 45w peak (like the 50w peak) so continuous power will only be around 25-35w.

I doubt you'd notice much difference beteen the output powers, however you probably will notice the difference in the quality of sound from the unit (presuming you don't have crap speakers).

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio
107 Posts
The deck I took out of my '01 Rio had the same specifications. I replaced it with a 50 watt X 4 Blaupunkt MP54 front end and, using the stock speakers, can't really tell any difference in the volume. However, the sound has improved with the built in equalizer, and other features, that allow you to taylor your sound. It was $159.00 (American $) at www.Crutchfield.com.

Of course, I added a couple of amps, a pair of surface tweeters on the deck, and a couple of 10" subs in the trunk. The factory speakers do a good job of "rounding" out the midranges.

None of these things was particularly expensive. The front end, amps, tweeters, subs and box didn't cost more than $600 (American) all totalled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Small Best

I bought a brand new Rio Hatch off the showroom floor first thing i did was put in a Kenwood Head Deck coupled with the 6 speakers it sounds pretty **** good if i do say so. Add a sub and amp and your kickin. Head unit cost me $250 2 years ago :gunsmilie:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts