Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento EX, 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34, 1999 Chevrolet Prizm
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 03 ex and was wondering if anyone has replaced the spark plugs on this model yet? if so request to know what needs to be removed. it looks like it might be an all day job judging by everything that looks like it needs to be removed to even get access to the plugs. also if anyone has torque specs for the engine it would be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Try doing a search for this. Someone posted a pretty detailed list of instructions for this about a month or so ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks KiaMech, I found the posting. sounds as if it will take as long to replace them as my monte carlo does, which is a fwd. think i might wait until the recommended mileage before replacing them.
does anyone have, or know where i can find, the torque specs for components and fasteners?

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Not a bad idea to wait. The platimum OEM plugs are pretty expensive also. They should last 60K miles, so unless you have problems, you'd be wasting money by replacing them.

I don't have a list of all the torque specs you could use, but the only things you'd need to torque is the surge tank (11-14 ft-lbs) and the plugs (15-22 ft-lbs). Everything else you can just use your best judgement on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again, KiaMech. appreciate it. probably will go on the low end for the spark plugs when i do them since that is quite a wide range, don't want to strip anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts