Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have an 03 Sorento that is giving me a hedeache. Bank 1 is running extremely lean. It is also misfiring on 1,3,5. Timing is good. No codes for lean condition I know because of the freeze frame data (Fuel Trim: -24% on bank 1).
Bank 2 is running rich with +24% Trim
Help Please!

02 Sensors?
Injectors?
Bad ECU??

·
Registered
2004 Sorento
33 Posts
Have you had any repairs done recently? reason I ask is because having one bank at +24% and the other -24% is very VERY odd. Could be a vacume leak but that would tend to affect both banks, if not equally certainly not so far apart as yours. actually it could be many many things, i.e. cam timing, the already meantioned vac leak, switched injector wires (B1 connectors on B2 injectors and vise versa). Seeing as you have freeze data I`ll assume you have a scanner that can pull data, what do the O2 signals look like (Sensor 1`s should be fluctuation between .1-.9v, while sensor 2`s should be relatvely flat, anywhere between .4-.7)

This bulletin just came out coincidentally

GROUP
MODEL
Engine
Sorento (BL)
2003~2006MY
NUMBER
DATE
PS233
January 2013
UNUSUAL FUEL TRIM VALUES AND/OR MISFIRE CODES
AFTER INCORRECT ENGINE REPAIR
SUBJECT:
If after an engine repair you encounter a complaint relating to MIL on (DTC P030X) with a misfire during acceleration and/or you find unusual fuel trim values outside the normal parameters, check for proper installation of the fuel injector wire harness. It is possible that the electrical connectors for Bank 1 and Bank 2 have been installed backwards (left bank versus right bank). If the fuel injector wiring harness is installed incorrectly, the HO2S voltages will not fluctuate normally. Bank 1 HO2S will output approximately 0 volts while Bank 2 HO2S output will remain around 1 volt, as the ECM is trying to compensate with fuel trim adjustments. Long term fuel trim values will correspond to the voltage output of the HO2S.
• Low HO2S output voltage = Increased enrichment;
• High HO2S output voltage = Decreased fuel enrichment towards lean.
Injector connector B-06 (fuel injector #5, right bank) is closest to X-45: Use it for identification purposes. Route the harness connectors to the proper location and retest.
Refer to the sample screenshots on page 2 to verify the condition. Note that these screenshots are from Hi Scan Pro (GDS screens will show similar information).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Injector Harness

Thanks for your time..it makes all the sense because I rebuilt the injector harness, i thought i had put the wires where they belong but I'll still double check.

Does anybody have a pinout diagram for that fuel injector connector?

Thanks Again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts