Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone might know a part number for the oem pigtails. I was able to find the injector harness, but before i shell out 70 bucks for one i thought i might see if there is a pigtail available. I've been able to find a few kia pigtails in the past, but not having any luck finding these.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,516 Posts
Is this a gas engine? Are you in the USA?

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Kia only services the injector harness as one piece. Kia's part # is 39610 39850. List on that harness is $86.00, I could sell to you for $66.00 no tax, if your not in MI,plus shipping. PM me if you want to order it.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
Hi Cobra

I might just take you up on that offer when I finaly get around to changing my rocker cover seals, this point will be reached when I either

(a) Get sick of the stink when sitting still at traffic lights. Problem most of my driving is highway - don't spend much time at lights!
(b) Get sick of periodically having to degrease the front diff and side of engine block where it runs down and makes a mess after a year or so
(c) Have to do my timing belt and spark plugs and so tear off most of the stuff anyway in about another 50,000 Km.

Whichever occurs first!

I hope you are happy to ship to Australia.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Hi Cobra

I might just take you up on that offer when I finaly get around to changing my rocker cover seals, this point will be reached when I either

(a) Get sick of the stink when sitting still at traffic lights. Problem most of my driving is highway - don't spend much time at lights!
(b) Get sick of periodically having to degrease the front diff and side of engine block where it runs down and makes a mess after a year or so
(c) Have to do my timing belt and spark plugs and so tear off most of the stuff anyway in about another 50,000 Km.

Whichever occurs first!

I hope you are happy to ship to Australia.

No problem with shipping to you. When your ready send me a PM, and we will get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a little research i've found that these injectors are just standard denso injectors. After finding that out i was able to find a complete set of 6 injector plugs for around 20 shipped. After i receive them i will take some pics of how they work so that maybe this can help someone in the future save a little money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am in the same boat with the crumbling injector connectors. Any part #'s or pics yet? Thanks!
I recieved the pigtails today and it went real well. They fit the injectors very well and lock to them better than the oem ones did. I just had to crimp and solder the metal pins to the wires than slide them in the plug. It took a total of around 30 minutes to do all of them. The link where i found them is, Set of 6 Nippon Denso Injector Connector Kits for Toyota Blitz Injector Dynamics | eBay . There are quite a few other places that carry this style pigtail also. They are just a standard denso plug. I took some pictures of the process, i will get them loaded onto my computer and post them here in a bit.

Here are some pics of the process i used for this,

I just took a pair of pliers and crushed the old plug off into pieces. From there you are left with 2 pins:

From there i removed the crimped on end:

Next i took the new terminals from this kit, and crimped than soldered them to the end of the wire:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After soldering and crimping the connector around the rubber seal you can slide it into the connector:

Some pics of half done and completely done:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a little update, I've been driving this thing for a few weeks, and haven't had any problems with the injector plugs at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts