Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 03 Sorento EX 4x4. It came with only one FOB with the dealer (which is 3 1/2 hours away) sending me a second FOB with programming instructions. I received the FOB from the dealer which is a 4 button fob bontec-t016. The working fob that I already have is a 3 button bontec-t009.

My first question is wheather the 4 button remote will work with an 03 Sorento. On the various sites I have searched it shows the t-016 being for an 04 Sorento but shows the bontec-t009 for the 03.

Secondly I have tried the instructions given and have not had any luck with getting the 4 button fob to work. But I also can't tell if the instructions I am following are working even with the 3 button. Is there any indication that is supposed to happen when the car is in programming mode?

Instructions say to place a jumper between pins 12 & 16 in the diagnostic connector. Turn the key to the on position. press the lock button on each FOB twice. turn off the key, remove the jumper.

Are these instructions correct??

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sounds like the sedona/carnival instructions te me.

There is a procedure for the Sorento without using hi-scan. but I can;t remember it of the top of my head, best call the dealer and ask.
I'm pretty sure I've programmed a 4 button with 3 button ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the instructions for the sorento which uses pins 11 & 12 and the instructions appear to be correct as the turn signals illuminate as described in the instructions. The 3 button bontec-t009 programs fine, but the 4 button bontec-t016 does not. So unless a four button can be programmed to work by a dealer with their machine then I guess the three button is the only one that will work.

Any Comments???

·
Registered
3 Posts
<_< How do you program the key FOB on the Sorento. I just bought a 2003 and purchased an extra remote on Ebay (Bontec T009).

Thanks,

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Everything I have says that the only way to program the remote is with the scanner. There is a way to do it through the DLC connector on the Sedona's, but it's not the same for the Sorento's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts