Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am trying to install this radio in my wifes sorento. I have a wiring harness that I have hooked to the radio wires, so far all I have are the speaker wires, constant 12 volt, switched 12 volt, and ground. I hooked it up to the vehicles harness turned it on, everything lit up I could tune to a local station, but I had no sound. I have tried to touch the blue ant. wire from radio to the blue wire from the harness, the harness also has a amp ground wire i have touched it to ground while touching blue wires together and still nothing.

Do any of you have any ideas that I might be able to try?
I do have to add that I do have an amp under the drivers seat.

I have been trying to find a diagram online of the factory harness to make sure the wires are the same from the aftermarket harness, and I have found one but it is hard to read some of the discriptions, what I can read on diagram the speakers wires to both harnesses are not matching up, but the power and ground are in the right place.
I hope I havent confused anyone. If you need more info just ask and I will try to answer as best I can.

Thanks for any help?

·
Registered
13 Kia Optima LX, 10 Toyota Tacoma
10 Posts
Aftermarket

do you have the amp under your drivers seat, if so i can find what wires to tap into for the speakers.

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - KIA / SORENTO / 2005 / Audio

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

Radio 12v green + radio harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition green/orange + radio harness
Radio Illumination red/black + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- brown - black +,- radio harness or amp under driv seat
RF Speaker +/- green/orange - blue/orange +,- radio harness or amp under driv seat
LR Speaker +/- green - blue +,- radio harness or amp under driv seat
RR Speaker +/- blue - yellow +,- radio harness or amp under driv seat
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright figured this one out. The aftermarket harness had the amp turn on wire in the A3 position, I took out the wire and replaced it in the B3 position and it works great it goes right beside the 12 volt switched wire. So if you are haviing problems with no sound, check the wires in your harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts