Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My AC has not worked in over a year but with the temperature reaching the 100's here in Texas I am needing to get it fixed. So when I get the Sorento the AC was fine but after a while it would not blow cold air. Here is what the problem is. I cannot turn the compressor pulley, it seems to be stuck. Last year it was making a grinding noise and I didn't have the money to fix it so I removed the serpentine belt to avoid all the noise it was making. I snapped an image of the compressor and notice that one of the wires is noting connected to anything.

Here is a link to a high res image.
Large Image
Where would this connect to? I could not find where it would go.

If I cannot turn the pulley does the whole compressor need to be replaced or could I just replace the pulley?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,529 Posts
When the electric clutch on the compressor is de-energized and with the belt off it should turn freely. If the clutch is energized you should be able to turn the compressor. With the grinding noise noted I suspect a frozen compressor. You are probably going to have to remove the compressor to check it further.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,529 Posts
Try here:

www.kiatechinfo.com

You will have to register but it is free. Look at the engine and you will be able to tell what has to come off. If you hands are small you will be able to get to some of the bolts easier. Going under the vehicle will help. I even went through the wheel well to get to the hoses and bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts