Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NC - hot and humid - so this is not a cold weather problem just a problem when the engine itself has been sitting overnight. Van starts fine but feels terrible - like it's running out of gas - until engine warms up to running temp. It's so hot here right now that I like to go out and start the car, get a/c running good, so kids aren't dying in the back when we go somewhere. The past few days, the car has been shutting off when I do this. It starts right back up but cannot stay on unless put in gear and driven. Then, for first few minutes of drive, it's rough and feels like it could sputter out when I hit the gas. Any thoughts? Engine light is not on. 110,000 miles on it. Tune up was done at 104,000. Thank you!

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
Have you replace the intake air filter? If the spark plugs have never been changed, it is time looking at the mileage. Check the condition of the spark plugs anyway. Mass air flow senser may be dirty; take it out for clean or replace. Temperature senser my be off which register lower temperature than actually is; check for damage wires and contacts. Injectors could be dirty. Also, go to local part store and have battery and alternator check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts