Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sedona EX 3.8 L
32 Posts
I just went thru this very same problem in my 2004 sedona. I had no check engine codes. I replaced my battery and alternator ( even though both tested okay),and replaced the following; my ignition switch, main computer, chassis computer, the main fuse/relay box, and fixed the grounds. None of them fixed the problem. I finally figured it out by accident. The problem was the aluminum battery terminals that Kia used to hook up the battery. They looked mint, but when I took mine apart , the aluminum coating was slightly oxidized between the copper wire and the crimped on terminal. Replacing the terminals fixed all the crazy electrical problems; filckering interior lights, flickering headlights, flickering taillights, car would almost die, then car would die etc. The problems were also sporadic, I could go weeks with no problems, then a day or two where it was so bad that I wanted to junk the van. My van only has 62k on it, and I knew that once I tracked down the problem, it would be a simple silver bullet easy fix, but WOW, it was a tough diagnosis. I would recommend cutting off both battery terminals and replacing them ( even though they will look okay, the oxidized aluminum looks clean ) , and clean off all the wiring harness grounds that you can find in the engine compartment that attach to the body. I found four grounding points and sanded them down.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts