Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Back in November I purchased a 03 Optim with about 22K miles. Its a great car; runs like a champ.
About a month ago it started having starting issues where it would take two or three hits on the starter before the engine would run. I been searching what could be the cause of this issue came up with either it needs a tune up or a faulty check valve on the fuel pump.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Could be a number of problems. How are the spark plugs? Wires? Are there any CEL's? If so then just go to any auto parts store. I know that Advance Auto Parts (IF in your area) does CEL code checks for free! Awesome! =) NEWayz, again there could be a few things that could be going wrong, but not starting on the first or second try is not all good. Get it checked! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firezone said the fuel pump was going out. They put a pressure gage on it and waited until it repeated the problem. When it occured there was no pressure from the fuel pump.
Ok.
Will Kia cover this?
They said they would. I'll find out when I take down to them.

Later

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK
The dealer called today.
The fuel pump is bad. So is the fuel regulator.
They will cover both.

Funny thing is I think both of those items are listed as having only a two year warranty.

Later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts