Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. Just bought my first Kia, it's a 03 Kia magentis with a 2.4 ( 4 cylinder) motor, only to find the muffler is rotted out, I can't find a muffler anywhere for this car other than at a dealer, wich is priced at over 800$. That's way over priced if you ask me. I'm wondering if anyone else has possibly a cheeper muffler that will work, even a used muffler, or if another muffler off another car can be modified to work on this car, or if anybody knows any of the muffler specs on this car or anything that can help me please!! Thanks hopefully someone can help in this matter Brandon lesway [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any muffler shop should weld in a generic for under $100. If you want to do it your self, any parts store should sell you a thrush muffler for $30. Just match up the length, inlet/outlet size and placement and there you go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a Magentis myself, and parts availability is really erratic in Canada. Mostly because this is a Canada only model, I think. If you want a cheaper OEM like muffler try searching for Kia Optima too, and possibly Hyundai Sonata. They are essentially the same car, with some minor differences. You could call some of the discounted CDN parts sellers by phone and check with them, it seems like the listings are wrong and that you might have better luck with a real person.

http://www.hotspotautoparts.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?q=2003-KIA-Optima-L4--2351cc--2.4l--F/i--Vin--6&[email protected]@2003&[email protected]@[email protected]@&[email protected]@OPTIMA&[email protected]@L4-2351cc 2.4L F/I Vin [email protected]@34835&[email protected]@Exhaust/Clutch&[email protected]@Individual Exhaust Parts&mode=PA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts