Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a little information on swapping from the digital readout hvac control panel to the knob style. I have found information in the past about people doing the opposite, but i for the life of me can't find that article any more. Basically i am wanting to know if the wiring pigtails are the same between the 2, and if there is anything else different that will need to be changed to accommodate the new control panel. The vehicle is an 03 us model sorento.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I am looking for a little information on swapping from the digital readout hvac control panel to the knob style. I have found information in the past about people doing the opposite, but i for the life of me can't find that article any more. Basically i am wanting to know if the wiring pigtails are the same between the 2, and if there is anything else different that will need to be changed to accommodate the new control panel. The vehicle is an 03 us model sorento.
If people are going from the knobs to the digital, than it's safe to say you can go the other direction, following the same steps outlined. I'm in Northeast PA, and if you are close enough, I wouldn't be opposed to swapping my knobs (hint, they're just as digital control as the digital panel!, no physical cables back there, just wires) for your digital panel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If people are going from the knobs to the digital, than it's safe to say you can go the other direction, following the same steps outlined. I'm in Northeast PA, and if you are close enough, I wouldn't be opposed to swapping my knobs (hint, they're just as digital control as the digital panel!, no physical cables back there, just wires) for your digital panel.
I would follow the steps from the article if i could still find it. So far i've found that the plugs are the same with the same amount of pins. I am probably going to bite the bullet and buy a knob panel for it and see how it goes. I would trade you mine, but the one in my sorento is not 100 percent functional. It works most of the time, but when it is real cold or real hot out the display goes crazy and every button you push will only make the temp go up and full speed fan. It is real annoying on real hot days when it goes to 90 degrees full fan and you can't turn it off. Most of the time if i smack it it will stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts