Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing upper balljoint/control arm on my sporty. The front bolt won't come out, because it hits the steering gear. Hopefully I can buy a new bolt with cam. If so I will just cut the old bolt off. Just some info for others. This is on the driver's side, I haven't tried the passenger side yet. Cheers.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the bolt is long enough that I can cut some threads off, and then I will be able to install it, and still have a couple of threads left over. I just can't get a good angle on the bolt with it still installed to be able to cut and reuse. I ordered a new bolt today.

· Premium Member
1999 Sportage A/T 4WD
987 Posts
I replaced the passenger arm just a few days ago, and there was no problems to remove the bolts. I put Dorman part, and, as I always find with aftermarket parts, when I compared the genuine and the aftermarket parts the last one was slightly thinner; I also found that aftermarket parts rust much faster than genuine ones, but, of course, that is not the case yet with this part, I will see how Dorman arm will behave. I am going to remove the driver arm soon, so I should be able to let you know my experience about.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear that no problem with the passenger side. The uppers on mine still seem in good shape, but with 100K on it, and being the wife's ride, I am going thru it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.