Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Kia Spectra that just will not start it started bogging down real bad 4 a few hours then when I got to my destination it wouldn't fire up did everything i could so far but im no mechanic please i need ideas

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,937 Posts
CEL been on before this happened???Did you check for fuel dilution in the oil(total gas flooding? Checked the coolant level to see if it's full or empty(blown head gasket)? What is "everything you could" besides keep cranking on the key?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,934 Posts
I have a 02 Kia Spectra that just will not start it started bogging down real bad 4 a few hours then when I got to my destination it wouldn't fire up did everything i could so far but im no mechanic please i need ideas
So what is everything?

FYI, without putting the effort in to describe what you've done, you'll get folks suggesting things and you responding "done that".

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
217 Posts
Do you have fuel in the tank? Have you performed routine preventative maintenance as spelled out in the owner's manual? Miles on vehicle? Vehicle is 17 years old, so it could be many things, especially if your over 100K miles. Help us help you by providing additional information. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It looks like the Forum is back into rash of these kinds of postings. What really gets me though are the ones that obviously have gotten codes read and too lazy to look up the code(s) diagnostic steps needed for effecting the needed repair, or post here with the general description and not the actual code number. Google search of Code number is VERY EASY to do. and most results sites give the steps of what diagnosis needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If you are NOT getting any exhaust pressure or intake suction...you have some kind of major internal problem. Not a computer problem to be dealing with yet. GOOD diagnostic (going step by step) will go a long way to find the problem. Did you do a compression test on each cylinder?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,934 Posts
Keep it polite, and take care of the below before making another post.

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts