Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
kia rio5
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My instrument cluster isnt working. Like the tach, speedometer, trip, temp gage, and eveything thats suppose to come on when you start the car. The car does starts and it drives. But the automatic trans doesnt shift while its in drive. You have manually shift it into frist snd and into second. But dont have 3rd or 4th and the park lock doest work. You can take it out of park with or without the key in the ignition and without using the brake.

I have replaced both wiring harnesses under the dash. The instrument cluster, both computer's, and the fuse box and still havent fixed any of the issues im having. Im stumpped and dont know what i should do next or what else would causr this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Wow! looking at my schematics it look's like your meter fuse blew something to check or your main fuse out in the engine compartment blew or a bad alternator may be suspect or the IG1 fuse some things to check good luck with it. Check your connections and all your fuses inside and out in the engine compartment also. Good luck with it just trying to help, Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
kia rio5
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I find the meeter fuse and th IG1 fuse? The main fuse is fine. The alternator is putting out 14.1 volts to the battery. I have lost count on how many times I've checked the fusrs and relays. I have gone over all of my connections and i dont see any that i might have missed or any that are loose

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
The meter fuse 10 amp is in the fuse box inside the car, the IG1 fuse is out in the engine compartment fuse box but that is probably ok. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts