Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I got a Sensor Code: 128 01/02...and...116 anyone know anything about the thermostat sensors are they an easy fix/Reachable area or should I just replace the whole thermostat???

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

The ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor is located in the thermostat housing on the front of the motor: follow the upper radiator hose (the one that attaches near the pressure cap) -> back towards the motor: where it connects is the thermostat housing.

The ECT sensor is screwed into the right side of that housing here, the connector (should) have a metal wire clip that needs to be removed (with a pick tool) before the connector will disengage from the ECT.

--

The thermostat is located within the thermostat housing (where the top radiator hose is attached.)

--
To answer your question, both the Thermostat -and- ECT sensor are located at the thermostat housing block.

re: should I replace - I would be pulling, inspecting, and testing the ECT first, but you know your Sporty better than I do - if original or suspect, (if it was me), I'd be replacing it.. Just remember to clean up any old gasket material from all mating surfaces really good before reinstall. re: brand, I use & recommend STANT thermostat parts here, been 'burned' (pun intended) by no-name / off-branded replacments too many times.. Or source an OEM replacement, if you wish.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts