Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 kia rio 1994 ford ranger 1977 chevy scottsdale
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I bought this 02 kia rio 105,563 miles and also have an 01 model kia rio here that runs good well anyway this 02 kia rio I bought it having this idle problem si trying to figure this out I tried parts of the 01 model and so far I've changed the 02 sensors,mass air flow sensor, coils,wires,spark plugs, coolant temp sensor, camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, and still no change and I just ordered 2 new throttle body mounting gaskets and gonna swap out the complete throttle body assembly's and the iat sensor tomorrow or Saturday providing oreiilys gets the gaskets in. so guys just to ask do ya'll have any outher ideas? I checked the compression and I have 180 psi on all 4 cylinders and checked the fuel pressure and have 50 psi so what do ya'll think? also in kistechinfo I have the throttle body off and it says on the tp sensor on terminals 1 and 2 it should be 1.6-2.4k ohms closed throttle and change as I increase rotation of the throttle plate well it dosent change. which leads me to believe the tp sensor maybe bad. but if ya'll have any outher ideas would be appreciated??:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well I changed the purge valve,iat sensor,thottle body assembly still the idle is rough and dies a lot not sure if its the knock sensor or the injectors or ecm but something is wrong here!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went back tried the injectors,knock sensor, and have tried all under the hood now about to try the ecm!

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Did you clean the idle control valve they get stuck. Measure the resistance at term's 1/3 or hook up an obdII scanner to monitor it. Term 3 is the output to the ecm . voltage measurment terms 1/3 terms fully closed .2-.8 vdc. fully open 4-4.8 vdc. Kia tech and my 02 book's have lot's of typo's. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi ronjohn well I have a another kia rio its sitting beside it its a 01 model running perfect same motor tranny etc in fact same color lol but anyway I have tried every sensor under the hood plus the throttle body assembly, idle control valve tp sensor everything down to the ecm from the good running car and the idle still shakes badly to point of dyin you can rev it up and it'll rev up smoothly but idle is just not there and today it started popping back thru the intake at idle so not sure abouth that but I even did the fuel injectors and that purge valve there behind the engine checked for vacuum leaks and replaced the plugs wires coils like I said everything under the hood! I just don't know

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought maybe the cats are stopped up but it will rev up no problem so i feel the cats are fine but maybe i'm wrong??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found the problem its the half moon wheel on the end of the intake cam its loose and so i'm fixin to pull the cam and see what I need to do to fix it :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well found one more problem after fixing the camshaft interrupter the intake manifold gasket was torn on the corner and suckin air makin the idle rough so gotta gasket coming to fix that then all should be good will keep ya'll informed!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well got the intake manifold gasket in installed it and now the kia rio lives thanks guys! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts