Kia Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Coolant Temp Sensor

Has anyone had any difficulty with replacing theirs? I know it's a 19mm, but my problem is there is no clearance from any position to get a wrench or socket onto it. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how they got theirs changed? Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So I replaced the thermostat and the gasket as well as the CTS. Now I get code p0117. Could that cause a no start?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ok so I redid the timing my problem now is the tensioner and the other pulley. The other pulley seems to be getting grinded by the part where the tensioner spring connects to. Also is this part supposed to rotate when the belt turns?

The tensioner doesnt rotate freely when I started the engine. It rotates freely when I loosen the bolt but any slight bit of tightening it stops rotating. When I loosen the bolt it rotates but of course the bolt starts to back out as it rotates. I've seen other posts say its supposed to rotate when the engine turns the belt. Is that correct?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Missing a spacer on the back side or is the pulley on backwards. When the bolt is tight it locks the pulley in place, should rotate freely.

Sent from my Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

61 - 71 of 71 Posts