Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to find brake pads on rock auto and there are a grip
Load I went to car quest and oreilys and they wanted 30+ bucks for each side and they said I might as well get rotors to but knowing I could get the same on rock auto for way cheaper I went that route ( funds are tight right now)
So I have no idea what to get cuz the car quest guy said that there are two different sizes
How do I check the sizes and also what should I do about the brakes

Don't want to put to much more then I have into this car just to have it be my to and from
Work vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Check out rockauto.com...They always have the parts I need and their prices are very good also.
oops my bad I see you already know of them....
Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are your brakes screeching when you brake? As for the rotors, have you replaced them ever since you got you're 01' Sephia?

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so today replaced the brakes and ya they were killer.. I am here soon when I get paid next ordering new rotors for this...
I'm also trying to find out why my fans or motor is screeching when I turn ac on or defrost or even just put the interior fans on.. It's pretty loud though and can only hear it on the outside... I am at a lose I will see about making a video of it so you can see what I'm talkin about.... Rock auto only way to go for cheap parts for anything

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I think I have pinned down the screeching when I turn on the fan for defrost or a/c... The actual fans are really dried up an need some love lube... Thinking that I just need to get some spray grease to put where the fan connects to the motor.. Think that will help out maybe :/ or get a new one and done problem solved

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Ebay is a great way to find/replace the blower motor/fan ass'y. I checked for a 2004.4~ 2009 Spectra and they were going for NEW under $40 with shipping so a Sephia should be right in the ball park.
Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
When you need new rotors hit us up and we'd be glad to help you out and you do get a discount as well for being a member on here.

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you r1 concepts I will keep you in mind for those rotors :)
I also have another question
So I am looking on Rock auto for timing belts, now I know I read that awesome sticky detailing the 1.8 being a non- interference engine..but all the belts on the sight are interference engines does it matter at all.. Only thing I should be worried about is how many teeth it had along with size...
Also what other belts should I replace I know a couple were replaced at 189,xxx miles but I'm wanting to be safe and get new belts on so I don't worry about them snapping or slipping durin the winter ... Oh and yes I will be doing this myself at a friends house... I need my Haynes manual back :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts