Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 kia rio
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car on the freeway today and my foot was on the gas and the car would slow down even when i applied more gas does anyone know how I can fix this or what's wrong the transmission is automatic and on have about 73,000 miles on it thanks

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
it could be a couple of things, 1 where you on a hill? 2 your cat may be clog 3 fuel injector maybe dirty 4 maybe some other problems.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Don't forget the fuel filter, easy to change mine blocked up around 55k. It would rev like crazy in nutral then die when in gear and also the tt2jzgtes suggestions for sure. Any engine codes? Good luck. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
95 Camaro Z28 (track car)... 65 Buick Skylark (Project LT1 Buick)... 01 Kia Rio (The Daily)
50 Posts
If you're trying accelerate up a hill on the freeway it will slow down until you press the pedal hard enough to downshift or take it out of overdrive. These cars are turds and don't do well on inclines. If it's just randomly slowing down then I'd say you have some tuneup issues to take care of. Simple maintenance can go along way with how a car runs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts