Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio 4dr
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I need some help. My 01 Rio has had some issues this winter. A little history, the car has been sitting for just over 2 months due to an intermittent no start issue. Sometimes it would start and other times when turning the key there was nothing. But there was power to the lights and the radio. This morning while I was trying to get it started the motor turned over (starter did engage the engine) but would not fire up. Then all of a sudden I had no power to the starter. I have not been able to confirm that this is no power to the started with a meter, I do not own one. I did read that there is a known issue with the ground wire from the battery to the frame that is an issue. Can anyone point me to where it is located? I was on Kia Tech Info site but I can’t seem to find the wire on the car.

Now for the second issue. When the car was running it would idle fine but when I reved the motor up it would only rev to a certain point then almost misfire rev back down. It would repeat this cycle for as long as I had the gas pedal depressed. It would rev up then down then back up then back down in a cycle. So that one has me stumped. But now that I can’t get the care started I can’t work on this issue. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts