Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all, worldwide. I have been quite pleased with my Optima , but recently it quit starting. I went to the parts store, checked out the OBD 2 scan tool and I recieved a P102/P103 MAF/VAF low imput and high input. Not knowing what else to do I purchased a new MAF sensor and then cleared those codes. The next trouble code was a P340 code, a Camshaft Position Sensor circuit malfunction code, so I purchased a new CPS. After clearing those codes, and no more showing on the scan tool, I proceeded to disconnect the battery and install said items, recconnected the battery and gave it a shot. My baby still didn't start, and then the scan tool read the same codes again, now including the Crankshaft Position Sensor curcuit malfunction code (P335). Being very frustrated, my wife within days of having my first child, and all out of ideas, I very respectfully request help to you my fellow Kia owners, whom I know I can trust has possibly been in tight situations of a similar nature before. Again greetings, and God bless.

KiaSabe

·
Registered
2 Posts
:angry: I had the same problem. The crankshaft sensor has to be replaced. Before taking your vehicle to kia make sure to test to see if your battery is fully operational. Kia will try to charge you for a new battery when they change that part under warranty. The due pick up 25% of the battery cost. They may even change your timing belt along with another. If so, ask what other belts do they have to remove in that area and purchase new ones your self since they have the vehicle torn down at that point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks spaceghost. The battery has been charged and de-celled repeatedly lately as I'm not under warranty anymore, and I'm on my own fixing it. The crank sensor isn't coming up on the scan tool any more, but I found out why it was> turned out that I didn't dig deep enough- Both my timing belts were shredded, and the crank sensor had a chunk of timing belt stuck in it. I had to pull the passenger front wheel, brake caliper, splash guard, both timing covers, both accessorie belts, pulleys, pumps, wires, this and that and luckily I have a Kia connection and got the book, so timing and re-install was more accurate. Now, P340, cam position sensor still comes up, so I'm thinking broken exaust cam since the code went away (after replacing the cps before and rechecking), and the motor will turn over twice then act like its fighting it-self, but will not run. The coils and the plug wires pass the book's check methods but no spark (cps related I think), the fuel pump works but no fuel, all fuses are good, I don't know about the relays though, and now I'm going to make sure the started is good (easy check up in town at autozone). Back to the book I guess, I'll keep updating- Kiasapissed

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,092 Posts
Originally posted by Trest@Feb 3 2005, 07:40 PM
The Main Relay and Fuel pump Relay are both known to short out in optimas. Check em out
kia motors are interference motors. Im sure you know what that means from your posts you look automotivly educated.
You said you timing belt went. correct. It wont start as when this happened internal motor damge has happened im sure. Im willing to bet there is a valve or valves bent, piston/s something internal after belt went broke/bent.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.