Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a shaking problem before but i went outside to crank it and it was fine I turned the vent it it started shaking again my a.c works AWESOME! it gets really really cold i have had all 3 belts replaced when I got the car in dec. 2011 my grandma gave it to me and lets just say she didn't keep much up on it & she had a terrible so called mechanic fix it but he was actually cutting tubes and just stupid things.:confused:

·
Registered
1998 Kia Sportage 2WD Base Model
306 Posts
When you turn on the switch for the air conditioning the ecm or accessory control switch should tell the idle control valve to move to a more open position so the engine idles higher while under the extra load the ac compressor is using.

You can try removing/cleaning the idle control valve as they build up carbon deposit and can get "sticky".

I have a similar problem where my engine rpm will take off in idle with a/c on up to 3-4k rpm until I turn off the a/c but my iac valve tests withing ohms limit. I have to pour in to the wiring and find the faulty wire/connection but I'm on 6 day work weeks now and really don't feel like getting in to it....

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
...hard to tell what's happening from your "stream of consciousness" but it could be that the IAC isn't boosting the idle and the engine is just chugging and nearly stalling how does it go when you are driving normally and what tubes did your grandmother's mechanic cut and were they related to the air-conditioning or was it the three belts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts