Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with shaking and oil leaking before it was a motor mount & valve cover gasket. Now last week I took it in they couldn't get it to cut off since last wednesday! I told them take the d*mn battery out and they finally did all that gas wasted but they are stumped why wont it turn off!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not very smart when it comes to cars I just started taking auto mechanics so can you explain a little better

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts
Can you be a little clearer on the statement "Now last week I took it in they couldn't get it to cut off since last Wednesday"?
Do you mean the engine will not turn off with the key? every time since "last Wednesday"?

If the engine will not shut down...
Main relay stuck closed?
The contacts inside the relay can "weld" together and that would cause the power to stay on..
Pull the relay and see if the engine dies... Could also be a bad ignition switch or it's linkage.
Dave

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Well that's a new one! -A old Sporty that won't shut down; usual story seems to be that the bloody things won't go.

I assumed from the OP that it just wouldn't shut down and they had to disconnect the battery. Doesn't make sense; A competent mechanic could surely find several ways of quickly killing the engine, rather than letting it chug away since "Last Wednesday".

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts
Chuckle....

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Had a neighbour with a lawnmower that wouldn't shut off; the kill switch on the throttle was out of adjustment and it idled away for about an hour. Neighbour asked for help and I pushed it into the long grass; might work for an old Sporty as well? :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what happened I took it in to the shop last Wednesday and they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't shut off I guess with the key in I have no clue they drove it and drove it for whatever reason and they didn't think to take the battery out to cut it off maybe they wanted to just drive my car I don't know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts