Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sephia has 61,000 miles and untill a few day's ago Had no prob with car. My check engine light has been on for awhile but it started making a squealing noise like a cat coming from the front of the engine near the manifold it gets louder as you push the throttle. Sometimes it will not start squealing until you put it in gear and drive it. Also it has NO POWER 60 MPH is my top speed and it takes forever to gain speed while driving. The engine sounds perfect at idle and makes no noise untill you mash the gas. Transmission changes freely without no prbs. I have never heard a noise like this before it squealls but it is not a belt or lifter. And the power loss has got it sitting till i can figure this out. Any help would be more than appreciated and thank you for the time to help. I am new to kias and don't know were to begin...Thank You.... Also it is a Automatic Trans.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am new to Kias too. Your CEL is on because it is trying to tell you something is wrong. It might not be related to your problem, but since it is on that's where I will start. Have the codes read at Autozone for free and see what you get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it is most likely your water pump. have you noticed if you temp was a little high. sephias have big radiatores and will still keep the water somewhat cool until you stop. water pumps will squeal when the bushing dies and the shaft rubs or the impeler rubs. i just changed mine a few months back and it sounded pretty bad. also check your altinator, make sure that it spins freely. you can check your a/c pump too, but it has a magnetic clutch so it free wheels unless in use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I took it to the mechanic today and dropped it off maybe it will turn out to be something little. Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts