Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia rondo ex V6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I passed emissions it’s time to play lol. I fixed a few small things like gas button not working, CD player stuck disc, parking brake adjustment.
so I’m looking at my key fob and I see that there is a tailgate open button. I’m looking in the rondo features and function guide,
It says :
REAR TAILGATE OPEN: “press and hold tailgate unlock button for more than .5 secs

The previous owner says it just unlocks. If it did that then why have a standalone button for that when you click unlock door button they all unlock.
with all doors lock if I hold for more than one second the lights blink and tailgate is unlocked. If I hold again it still unlocked. I do notice that the tailgate shuts hard if I let it go. No resistance from the “shocks” or cylinders that are attached on both side like all hatchbacks or all tailgates. So I’m not sure if it’s a mechanical issue or if the rondo just doesn’t have this powerlift option. Any other 06/07/08 owners know

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2007
106 Posts
There is no powerlift option, of coures. To have it there have to be other, much more expensive, struts with motors and this option had just a few expensive cars in 2007 year. Rondo is not one of them.

The function is there for reason if you just want to put in/get off something to/from the trunk, to not unlock the whole car, e.g. to avoid robbery.

·
Registered
2007 Rondo and 2000 Tacoma
163 Posts
Your hatch lift cylinders are just worn out. I just replaced mine after 14 years.
..............$20. for two on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts