Drives: 2001 Kia Sephia
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to shrystle16 Send a message via Yahoo to shrystle16
Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Hello, PLEASE HELP 2001 KIA Sephia Transmission problem

Hello, how is everyone these days? Well I have a problem with my 2001 KIA Sephia. I recently purchased this car about 6months ago. It has been the best running used car I have ever bought. I got it from a retired mechanic which was reasuring in a sense. He had said that the car got regular fluid changes, and any necessary tune ups over the years. The had been parked about 9 months before I got it. I know you all are thinking just go back to person I got this from and ask to see whats up. Tried but that person had passed on. Anyway, my problem is this....I drive the car mainly around town and to work that is 5 miles from me. Have had no warning signs or any reason that there might be a problem. So when driving the car home (my spouse driving my car), He calls and said " the car just quit and now it will start but it won't move." So towed car home, well its been a few days since I have been able to check it out. Spouse went out to car it started right up and then backed up and went into drive and actually went. So he tried to go around the block to see if maybe it was a fluke. Two houses away it did it again.

Well I am about to change the fluid and filter, but my question is this.....Is this going to be a waste of time and money? Is there anything else I should do while doing this? I am having to do this myself and dont have alot of time to troubleshoot. I also dont have the finances to troubleshoot. So if anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this or any knowledge of easiest way to get this resolved I would greatly appreciate it.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Cerato, Shuma & Spectra Forum > Shuma & Spectra (1997-2003)