Went to the Lexus dealer to check out the 2013 RX 350 for a testdrive. The model was a front wheel drive with a 3.5L V6 like mine. Here is my brief review summary:
1) Power: RX 350 felt slugish compared to the Sorento, but it reminded of how mine was when new though. Engine felt tight.
2) Transmission: much more responsive to throttle input & shifts are faster than Sorento plus it has an auto sport mode where Sorento only has just auto & manual. This is what I wish my Sorento has.
3) Ride: much plushier, quieter than Sorento & without the rattles
4) Handling: Sorento reigns
5) Steering feel: RX 350's steering was too light & lack of feel compares to Sorento
6) Driving comfort: very comfortable seat cushions except the headrest is tilted so much forward forcing you to tilt your head down which I hate. I notice a lot of manufacturers are doing this now like Ford to earn high collision ratings.
Overall driving impression: the Sorento is more fun to drive & the fuel economy is superior also.
This review is just the driving impression along. Of course the Lexus has much better built quality & etc. Anyhow, I feel the Sorento has great value.