Kia Forum

Kia Forum (https://www.kia-forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Kia-Forums.com Site Issues and Website Help (https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forums-com-site-issues-website/)
-   -   Heads-up to Photobucket users (https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forums-com-site-issues-website/285170-heads-up-photobucket-users.html)

josuet 07-10-2017 09:28 AM

Heads-up to Photobucket users
 
Photobucket is now migrating into subscription model....For those (like me) using this platform to share our projects, think of another platform to migrate to......

Photos will be safe and can be downloaded to our PCs anytime (for now), but wont be displayed on 3rd party websites (i.e This forum) unless one buys the hosting plan.

Photobucket PHOTOBUCKET LAUNCHES UNLIMITED 3RD PARTY HOSTING PLAN - Photobucket

conwelpic 07-10-2017 12:05 PM

I got hit by the same problem, as that was the only reason I used it. I'm not paying $40 (US) a month so I can use the feature, will have to find something else, any suggestions or can I do it another way?

josuet 07-10-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conwelpic (Post 1730594)
I got hit by the same problem, as that was the only reason I used it. I'm not paying $40 (US) a month so I can use the feature, will have to find something else, any suggestions or can I do it another way?

There are a bunch of options here:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-...-sites-3486329

Petso 07-10-2017 12:59 PM

i personally use dropbox for my photos. I copy a public link to the image and paste it as the path to the image and it works for me.

Like this image of my old truck (a 79 K5 blazer with an 81 cab and a home made box.... sadly it died in 2002. crank bearings started to go)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...d12n/truck.jpg


HMM... on second thought. it's not working today. could be my internet though. my work's internet goes strange sometimes.

josuet 07-10-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petso (Post 1730674)
i personally use dropbox for my photos. I copy a public link to the image and paste it as the path to the image and it works for me.

Like this image of my old truck (a 79 K5 blazer with an 81 cab and a home made box.... sadly it died in 2002. crank bearings started to go)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75r3jn0jcbctm1i/truck.jpg


HMM... on second thought. it's not working today. could be my internet though. my work's internet goes strange sometimes.

Lol this is funny!

Petso 07-10-2017 01:21 PM

OK, i have it working now

so, what you have to do is get a share link on dropbox, copy the link into notepad or something like that

change the www.dropbox.com in the link to dl.dropboxusercontent.com and remove the ?dl=0 from the back and it will link.

i now have to go into all my old posts on a few forums and update dropbox links

MCKSHNL 07-10-2017 05:27 PM

I was wondering why I couldn't see some images people have been posting. I thought the problem was on my end. Thanks for the heads up!

mechanizeddeath 07-11-2017 04:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

The worst part is that people have been using Photobucket in forums for years, and now all those images will be inaccessible. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've often found solutions to problems in old forum posts as far back as the 90s. Sometimes the linked images are dead for whatever reason, but Photobucket images were usually still there. Now those will all be gone.

I guess I may as well delete my Photobucket account too, since that's the only thing I used it for.

Jennifer B. 07-11-2017 05:53 AM

We use photobucket for our business. Out of the blue our photos were taken off our 3rd party site. No warning whatsoever. Now if I pay $400 a year they will put them back up. I don't think so! That's extortion. We will not be using photobucket ever again.

josuet 07-11-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath (Post 1731185)
Thanks for the heads up.

The worst part is that people have been using Photobucket in forums for years, and now all those images will be inaccessible. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've often found solutions to problems in old forum posts as far back as the 90s. Sometimes the linked images are dead for whatever reason, but Photobucket images were usually still there. Now those will all be gone.

I guess I may as well delete my Photobucket account too, since that's the only thing I used it for.

NP. Yep, it sucks.....imagine having to go forum by forum, changing all the links from Photobucket to whatever new tool we decide to use...I'm thinking of using Google for now on, it's the most reliable I guess...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.