Classic boy reloaded - Kia Forum

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ron1004
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 561
Drives: KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Unhappy Classic boy reloaded

I like a few others have been forced to re-join the forum after this forum was hacked and the moderators don't seem to be able to fix our passwords.
As a result it has been a bit quiet with advice and help for newbies as a lot of the regular contributors like myself were obviously also knocked out.

Classic boy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 AM
Veteran
 
Loyale 2.7 Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: French Harbour, Roatán; Honduras.
Posts: 2,763
Drives: 1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage

Arrow

The forum was never "Hacked"

instead, they posted a bulletin where they let us know that a Massive Password Update was going to be Performed, and a new Password was going to be e-mailed to the members. See:

~► https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forums...ty-update.html

Check the e-mail address that you used to open your Kia-Forums' account, maybe the mail got to the Spam folder.

Kind Regards.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loyale 2.7 Turbo is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 561
Drives: KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyale 2.7 Turbo View Post
The forum was never "Hacked"

instead, they posted a bulletin where they let us know that a Massive Password Update was going to be Performed, and a new Password was going to be e-mailed to the members. See:

~► https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forums...ty-update.html

Check the e-mail address that you used to open your Kia-Forums' account, maybe the mail got to the Spam folder.

Kind Regards.
They did the massive password update because the forum's owners servers had been hacked and many account logins and passwords were stolen, they said that on the forum's into page.
It is no good them sending the new log in info to me using the email address I created the account with as I joined this forum back in the early 2000's and I have been with a number of ISP's since then and as such have no access to my original email accounts.
I told the moderators this a message but they ignored me and so i had to create a new account.
Sometimes I don't know why I bother.
Classic boy is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
 
ron1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 8,439
Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Gallery: 13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy reloaded View Post
They did the massive password update because the forum's owners servers had been hacked and many account logins and passwords were stolen, they said that on the forum's into page.
It is no good them sending the new log in info to me using the email address I created the account with as I joined this forum back in the early 2000's and I have been with a number of ISP's since then and as such have no access to my original email accounts.
I told the moderators this a message but they ignored me and so i had to create a new account.
Sometimes I don't know why I bother.
It appears that you have ignored all the notices and announcements posted on the forum instructing who and how to contact should you need your password reset, even if you no longer have access to the email address used for original registration.

What was your previous ID and who did you attempt to contact and how?

Quality and not quantity counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig image is 500X100 at 11.7 kb
ron1004 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 561
Drives: KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1004 View Post
It appears that you have ignored all the notices and announcements posted on the forum instructing who and how to contact should you need your password reset, even if you no longer have access to the email address used for original registration.

What was your previous ID and who did you attempt to contact and how?
I followed the links provided when the password reset didn't work (because it was sent to a no longer available email account), I sent message to the link provided at the next step.

My previous ID was Classic boy
Classic boy is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
 
ron1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 8,439
Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Gallery: 13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy reloaded View Post
I followed the links provided when the password reset didn't work (because it was sent to a no longer available email account), I sent message to the link provided at the next step.

My previous ID was Classic boy
Send a PM to administrator with your old ID and email, with your new email and request that the password reset email be resent.

@administrator
Loyale 2.7 Turbo likes this.

Quality and not quantity counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig image is 500X100 at 11.7 kb
ron1004 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,242
Drives: Kia Spectra
Gallery: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Garage

We have teams working through the contact us stuff, but the pm system Ron mentions is the best alternative.

Kyle


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
Reply

  Kia Forum > General > Kia-Forums.com Site Issues and Website Help



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic and Contemporary | Drag Wheels DR-69 Discount Tire Suspension, Wheels and Tires 1 09-30-2017 01:59 PM
Kia Classic 2017 heats up the spring golf season administrator Kia News 0 03-29-2017 07:40 PM
KIA Classic 2002 Ali22620 Other Kia Models 1 08-05-2016 09:08 AM
World class golfers ignite the 2016 Kia Classic administrator Kia News 0 04-06-2016 09:50 PM
Carnival 2000 Classic need new engine macalalad_jun Kia Carnival & Sedona (2002 - 2005) 2 05-18-2007 04:12 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On