Kia (Pro)Ceed - post prices of spare parts and maintenance - Page 2 - Kia Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:43 AM
Expert
 
FrEaKZoIdE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mts, Portugal
Posts: 739
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to FrEaKZoIdE
Got mine today from the 40K km service:




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FrEaKZoIdE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 58
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello.. I payed 152 EUR.
GustavPicora is offline  
post #13 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 AM
Full Member
 
acera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 104
Drives: Pro_cee´d 1.6 petrol
Gallery: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looks like servicing diesels is quite expensive. Expense for servicing mine 1.6 petrol at 45tkm was about 150 € ( including VAT )
acera is offline  
 
post #14 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Powys Wales
Posts: 19
Drives: Ceed SW 1.6 crdi ls
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had our Cee'd 1.6 CRdi LS SW serviced on Friday

It was the 2 year service and Cost £264 pounds at Kia Cardiff
stevecrvn is offline  
post #15 of 114 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 AM
Veteran
 
Drakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Norwich UK
Posts: 1,490
Drives: ProCeed 3 & Picanto 3
Gallery: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Damn that seems a lot, my first was £167.26, second was quoted at £229 but I used a 20% off voucher in the packup I got when I purchased the car bringing it down to £183.
My 3rd service is due and the said it will cost approx £265 so I'm getting my mate to order KIA parts and service it for me, hopefully at about a 3rd of the price.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please check out the New Garage section
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Drakey is offline  
post #16 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 280
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
Damn that seems a lot, my first was £167.26, second was quoted at £229 but I used a 20% off voucher in the packup I got when I purchased the car bringing it down to £183.
My 3rd service is due and the said it will cost approx £265 so I'm getting my mate to order KIA parts and service it for me, hopefully at about a 3rd of the price.
I understand your reason for doing it, but I am wary of other people servicing a car. The may know the basics and will change filters, replace oil, check brakes, etc.

But they won't know what things to pay attention to on this specific model, based on an experienced mechanics experience they will know what particular things to review and possibly adjust/replace.

Another thing to wonder about, is that OK they say that as long as you meet certain criteria then this type of servicing WON'T void the warranty. I would be dubious of this if you end up claiming for something big - like engine failure or brake issues, or transmission faults, etc as I think they might use it as a means of getting out of paying for your repairs. If anything they may make the claim progress very slowly, and/or ask you to document everything to prove your compliance and this just makes the ends just NOT justify the means. Especially, if all this happens while you are immobile, so inconvenient.
James7 is offline  
post #17 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 725
Drives: pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Although I mostly agree, I don't think they bother to pay real attention to everything when they do your service. They probably just check what they absolutely must do.

On the other hand, KIA sends service bulletins regarding what needs to be extra inspected, tightened, etc which third party mechanics are usually oblivious of. Provided that KIA mechanics pay attention to this bulletin after all
Nikola is offline  
post #18 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Expert
 
d3matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 856
Drives: 2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
Gallery: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
Although I mostly agree, I don't think they bother to pay real attention to everything when they do your service. They probably just check what they absolutely must do.
Probably right. I don't have much faith in main dealers. Most use young (cheap) staff who don't have much experience.

My father has just had his Toyota Landcruiser serviced at the main dealer. It was a 45k mile service, so a big one. He asked them to change the brake fluid as the brakes weren't good. This they did, but they didn't do any further checking to diagnose the fault. When my father got the car back, the brakes weren't any better so he took the wheels off and checked himself. He found the rear of the disks were badly rusted and hadn't had a pad on them for ages. Found that the two of the four pistons on the caliper were ceased up and the braking was only on the outer edge of the disks. He's now doing the work himself. Had to buy new calipers and had the disks re-skimmed.
You would of thought if the car was on the ramps at the dealers to service it and change the brake fluid, they would have seen that the inner side of the brake disks weren't being used!
d3matt is offline  
post #19 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 725
Drives: pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

exactly my point. They simply don't bother.
Nikola is offline  
post #20 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 280
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3matt View Post
Probably right. I don't have much faith in main dealers. Most use young (cheap) staff who don't have much experience.

My father has just had his Toyota Landcruiser serviced at the main dealer. It was a 45k mile service, so a big one. He asked them to change the brake fluid as the brakes weren't good. This they did, but they didn't do any further checking to diagnose the fault. When my father got the car back, the brakes weren't any better so he took the wheels off and checked himself. He found the rear of the disks were badly rusted and hadn't had a pad on them for ages. Found that the two of the four pistons on the caliper were ceased up and the braking was only on the outer edge of the disks. He's now doing the work himself. Had to buy new calipers and had the disks re-skimmed.
You would of thought if the car was on the ramps at the dealers to service it and change the brake fluid, they would have seen that the inner side of the brake disks weren't being used!
If I were your Dad I would take that back and complain like hell - as that is a major safety issue, they are fast enough to tell you your tyres are low - and some even scare you into buying THEIR tyres by saying that they are legally obliged to refuse you to leave the site with non-roadworthy tyres. Surely the same applies that if your BRAKES arent roadworthy then you are obliged not to take possession of the vehicle until they have been fixed (especially if it is within warranty) if it is outside warranty then I would like to be told so as to get competitive quotes and/or possibly do it myself.

I am sure the garage would do this as TOYOTA have had enough bad press recently and can't afford any more I am sure.
James7 is offline  
Reply


Top

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Cee'd Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for decent prices on Kia parts? Here's my helpful post/link for ya 2k1Sportage General KIA Non-Model Specific Discussion 0 09-21-2007 11:58 AM
Great parts prices for Kia's - just thought I'd pass it along 2k1Sportage 1G (1993 - 2002) Sportage 0 09-21-2007 11:55 AM
Spare parts challenge. Samson 2003-2010 Sorento Forum 3 05-13-2007 02:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On