LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 16 Kia Sedona SXL
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
New Owner (Floor liners vs mats & accessories)

Greetings! Brought home a new, 16 Kia Sedona SXL with the tech package & 7-passenger "first class" seating about two weeks ago. We are enjoying the new vehicle!

We have a 05 Suburban 8.1L which will still be in the family since it's such a great truck (before Suburbans got fancy), but loading children into the minivan is so much easier than the 'burb.

My main point is sharing some pictures of the Kia all weather floor mats vs the Weather Tech Floor liners. I had a hard time choosing between the two, but I'm leaning towards the floor liners as they fit so much better in the second and third rows. My hesitation is the Weather Tech liners lack "nibs" on the back to secure the liners like the mats do. I've taken the carpeted floor mats from Kia and saved them in the box the liners came in. We'll see if they end up on eBay or just keep 'em.

Other accessories we've chosen:

- 2x Kia's iPad/tablet mounts vs getting in car media. The fit and finish of the accessory is top notch.
- Weather Tech rear cargo area mat
- Weather Tech wind deflectors
- Kia remote start (waiting for parts/install)
- Kia hitch + harness (waiting for parts/install)

Looking forward to swapping stories -- especially if anyone has anything to be on the lookout for when I take the van in for its remote start & hitch install.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Drives: 16 Kia Sedona SXL
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply!

Unsure about MaxFloorMat vs WeatherTech. I went with WeatherTech because of their service -- whenever I've had questions on install or wanted to get some extra parts for my previous vehicles, they were always on the line fast & quickly shipped the items.

For the wind deflectors, the fronts fit into the groove really well & 100 miles in are fine. Same goes for the sliding door ones. They are held in with a metal "clip" that rests in the rubber weather channels that enables it to "push" against the deflector; seems pretty sturdy. Time will tell.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Drives: 2016 Forte5
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Nice van! I know minivans are considered uncool, but I think they're great for moving people around, especially children. I don't have any kids, but the Sedona would be a top pick if I did.

I always swapped my mats around in the spring and fall. With kids, you may opt to keep the rubber mats in year round, at least until they're a bit older and "oops" moments aren't as common. I do prefer the look and feel of carpeted floor mats, but between winter salt and general spills, they can look really bad really fast. Rubber ones you just hose down and put them back in. I'm leaning toward the Kia ones as well, haven't bought them yet and still have the carpeted ones in 900 miles later, but they will be purchased before this coming winter.

Good decision on the tablet holders as well. Media centers are pretty dated at this point, heck in my last car I only used the CD player once in the 3 years I owned it!
secundinus likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM

Drives: White 2012 Rio5 SX w/Premium, White 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing the pics. We will be purchasing a 2017 Sedona EXL Prestige (reclining second row) soon. We currently have a 2007 Ody that we bought brand new and had WeatherTech liners in it from day one. My biggest gripe about the WeatherTechs as it relates to the Sedona is that they do not offer the cargo tray that covers the entire cargo area when the 3rd row is down. We keep the 3rd row down unless we need them. We'd rather have the extra cargo space as we only have 2 kids. I've never heard of Maxliners until jolt77 mentioned them. They do have a cargo mat, but 1) they don't have a mat for the area behind the front row (second row foot area) and 2) they only have black (need tan).
secundinus likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:14 AM

Drives: 2016 Sedona SX
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage

Check this out for the cargo area. It's holding up very well so far. I'm like you, Placeman, we only have 2 kids so the third row isn't needed very often. I traded in a crew cab F150 for this van, so I've made mine into more of a cargo + kid hauler.

https://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carniv...cargo-mat.html

new minivan dad born August 2016
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 04:02 PM

Drives: 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L

Secundinus, what kind of car seat protectors do you have under the child seat base and forward facing car seat? Do you like them for proctecting the leather?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Drives: 2016 Sedona SX
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Ted View Post
Secundinus, what kind of car seat protectors do you have under the child seat base and forward facing car seat? Do you like them for proctecting the leather?
I use a couple of these

. They're nice and soft and cover the seats pretty well. They're not quite wide enough to cover the whole top, but definitely have protected the seats from spills and "accidents". Had them for 2 years now and they still work great (could use a good cleaning though).

new minivan dad born August 2016
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the info. Any indentations in the leather after teo years?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Err....two years.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Drives: 2019 Kia Sedona SXL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placeman View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. We will be purchasing a 2017 Sedona EXL Prestige (reclining second row) soon. We currently have a 2007 Ody that we bought brand new and had WeatherTech liners in it from day one. My biggest gripe about the WeatherTechs as it relates to the Sedona is that they do not offer the cargo tray that covers the entire cargo area when the 3rd row is down. We keep the 3rd row down unless we need them. We'd rather have the extra cargo space as we only have 2 kids. I've never heard of Maxliners until jolt77 mentioned them. They do have a cargo mat, but 1) they don't have a mat for the area behind the front row (second row foot area) and 2) they only have black (need tan).
This one fits quite nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190624_210115_HDR.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	105862  

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2015+