3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:08 AM

Drives: 2016 Kia Sedona SX-L
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have a 2016 SX-L with the smart key & push button start. I am considering adding remote start, but I want to be able to use my OEM fob instead of carrying around the extra ones. Can someone confirm whether either or both of these part numbers are correct?

A9F60-AQ500
A9F60-AQ700

Both are listed as compatible with my vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 12:19 PM

Drives: 2016 Kia Sedona LX+
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
With the smart key, the power doors still work while it's remote running. I can either use the remote to open the doors or by pulling the door handle (while holding the key).

Mine is the factory remote start. Might be worth comparing the price of that to aftermarket. Kia parts and service seem pretty reasonable so far, compared to American and German brands anyway.
Ujy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Drives: 2016 Forte5
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaSXL8777 View Post
Always go with OEM. Don't go aftermarket.
As someone who has installed a lot of mobile electronics, I wholeheartedly agree. Between the quality of the installation and the quality of the unit itself, they can be a headache.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 12:32 PM

Drives: 2016 Kia Sedona SX
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Arrow

Quote:
I have a 2016 Sedona with push button start. I purchased a Kia OEM remote start system and installed it myself. Very easy. Took about 1-1.5 hours and you'll a ton on labor. Also I recommend you check ebay for these. They will be under $300. Always go with OEM. Don't go aftermarket.

@SedonaSXL8777 , can you confirm if your Remote Start will work with the original FOB. I understand it has another FOB you can use for the remote start function but I'm interested in if the original FOB will work as well. I found a but I wanted to confirm with other users here:

"When we purchased our 2016 Kia Sedona SX in July 2015, we had the dealer prep it with a factory Kia remote start system ecause...well...every vehicle in Canada should have one. The remote starter comes with two extended range remotes and will also work with the key fobs that came with the van. To start the van with the original fob you press 'lock' and then 'horn' and the van starts. With the extended range remote you press 'lock' and then 'start' and the van starts.

The problem is that when we started our previous minivan, a Dodge Caravan, the van would start and the three kids could make their way to the van and wait until my wife was ready just a few minutes later. However, with this Kia Sedona SX, the doors will not unlock until the key fob is near by or you have to shut the van off to unlock the doors with the fob. It's very annoying in our day to day routine. Apparently, it's unavoidable with the 'push button start/stop' vehicles but I'm sure my cousin's Dodge Journey doesn't do this. I'm told by the dealer that it's to prevent someone from stealing the vehicle when it's remote started. You need only tap the button twice to completely power up the vehicle once you gain access with the fob on your person.

I think it's ridiculous because the very act of pressing the brake to shift it out of park is enough to shut down every other remote start vehicle and should be enough to stop this vehicle from being stolen thereby making the door lock thing pointless. It's obviously an electrical engineering error and should be corrected. Perhaps a firmware upgrade in the future. Please Kia, fix this!

- Scott F., Portugal Cove, NL, Canada"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG23 View Post
I have a 2016 SX-L with the smart key & push button start. I am considering adding remote start, but I want to be able to use my OEM fob instead of carrying around the extra ones. Can someone confirm whether either or both of these part numbers are correct?

A9F60-AQ500
A9F60-AQ700

Both are listed as compatible with my vehicle.

A9F60-AQ500: For Sedonas with PHYSICAL KEY START
A9F60-AQ700: For Sedonas with PUSH BUTTON START
GSG23 likes this.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 03:33 AM

Drives: 2016 Sedona SXL 8 seater with tech pkg, 2017 Niro LX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Original fob works w/remote start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post

@SedonaSXL8777 , can you confirm if your Remote Start will work with the original FOB. I understand it has another FOB you can use for the remote start function but I'm interested in if the original FOB will work as well....
I can only speak for my push button start /keyless entry model. Yes my original key fob works to start the car. It is what I use to start my car from inside the house. In the box there are directions on how to program the original key fob. BUT the distance to which the original fob works is much shorter than the one that comes with the remote start system. So i keep both on my key ring.
BodegaBay likes this.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Drives: 2016 Kia Sedona SX-L
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
A9F60-AQ500: For Sedonas with PHYSICAL KEY START
A9F60-AQ700: For Sedonas with PUSH BUTTON START
Thanks for the info!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Drives: 16 Sedona SXL
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
I have a 2016 Sedona with push button start. I purchased a Kia OEM remote start system and installed it myself. Very easy. Took about 1-1.5 hours and you'll a ton on labor. Also I recommend you check ebay for these. They will be under $300. Always go with OEM. Don't go aftermarket.
Did it come with detailed instructions for installation? I've been trying to google for it, but can't find it anywhere. I'd love to read the instructions first before deciding whether to buy it on ebay.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb001 View Post
Did it come with detailed instructions for installation? I've been trying to google for it, but can't find it anywhere. I'd love to read the instructions first before deciding whether to buy it on ebay.
Here you go...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 PM

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2015+