post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 2008 Ford Fusion SEL / 2016 Kia Sedona SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
OEM Tow Hitch A9061 ADU00

Looking to purchase Part# A9061 ADU00 hitch for my 2016 Sedona SX. I could go the aftermarket hitch route, but I tend to prefer OEM for the look and custom fit. Does anyone have any pictures of a 2015-2016 Sedona with the OEM hitch installed? And does anyone know if I was to purchase it would it be something that an aftermarket hitch dealer could install easily? Or is it going to have to be a Kia Dealership that does the work?

The only pictures I can find on it is a close-up of the hitch. I'd like to see an image of the entire apparatus to get an idea of the installation requirements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 PM

Drives: 2016 Sedona SX
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

We bought the OEM hitch for our 2016 Sedona SX. Bought it with the van, but dealership had to order it and install several weeks later. Looks very beefy and well made. Have not yet used it. I would go for the OEM hitch and bypass the U-HAUL or other aftermarket solution.

I will try to take a picture when it's daylight and submit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5206.jpg
Views:	1735
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	60673  

Last edited by esager; 04-19-2016 at 11:11 PM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Looks great. I watched some install videos for a 2015 Sedona on ETrailer.com for the major brands out there. I saw that there is a trim panel that they say must be permanently removed and discarded to access the nut holes on the frame to install an aftermarket hitch. Do you know if those trim panels are still on your vehicle? I am also leaning toward having the dealer do it so there aren't any warranty complications down the road. I would be concerned that leaving the trim panel off could lead to corrosion issues in the rear bumper area.

I should have included it as part of the sale. I'm dumb.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Drives: 1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)

The hitch will come with a very nice instruction sheet. Buy the hitch take it home, look at what it will take to do the install. If it's something you don't want to do, have the dealership do it for you....
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 07:19 PM

Drives: '15 Kia Sedona, '13 Camaro, '99 F150
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I got the factory hitch for my '15 SXL. The installation is so simple (at least for the '15s) that it is something that anybody with a minor amount of mechanical ability can do. Not only are the mounting holes there, but there are already captive nuts in the frame. The most complicated part of the installation is the loosening of the exhaust pipe to allow the hitch to be snaked into place. There is one trim piece that needs to be removed and they say to throw it away, but I was able to trim it up a little and reinstall it. I ask my local mechanic how much he would charge to install it and he estimated about $40 to $50. The instructions say 1 hour for a novice and 1/2 hour for an expert. I was in the 3/4 hour range, mainly because I am 76 years old and can't move as easily as someon younger and more flexible. I'd say go for it, even if you have to pay someone to do it for you as the installtion cost will be a small percentage of the price for the hitch. Also, the shipping from South Korea was more than the price of the hitch, but was still very reasonable.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esager View Post
We bought the OEM hitch for our 2016 Sedona SX. Bought it with the van, but dealership had to order it and install several weeks later. Looks very beefy and well made. Have not yet used it. I would go for the OEM hitch and bypass the U-HAUL or other aftermarket solution.

I will try to take a picture when it's daylight and submit.
Still trying to decide on aftermarket or OEM. From your pictures the hitch looks very similar to the DrawTite/Hidden Hitch model designed for the 2015-2016 Sedona. There are two main differences I think I see - the first is that the chain hooks sit vertically on the OEM hitch while they sit horizontally on the DrawTite/Hidden Hitch model. Also, the DrawTite/Hidden Hitch has a welded mounting plate to the left of the hitch that you can attach the wiring harness receiver to. The difference in cost is pretty substantial too - the cheapest I can find the Kia hitch is about $350 while the DrawTite is $179 most places online.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:59 PM

Drives: 2016 Sedona SX
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

There is a wiring harness receiver plate on the left side of the hitch, but it is blocked in the picture I took.
The pins are horizontal, not a round pin type. Still, the wiring harness reviver is there.

Thank you
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

l after a lot of back and forth with my wife and calling lots of local dealer/installers, I opted to purchase the OEM hitch part online. I found a wholesaler site offering it for $330 and $30 shipping. The main thing that made me go with the OEM was that it included the wiring harness. If you purchase an aftermarket Curt or DrawTite, you have to also buy a separate wiring harness. That gets the price closer to what you pay for the OEM version.

I won't lie, I like the rubber KIA hitch guard too - it's REALLY nice looking. The wiring mounting bracket clinches it for me.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Drives: 1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)

$330.00 is a great price I would have not be able to beat that price.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra259 View Post
The hitch will come with a very nice instruction sheet. Buy the hitch take it home, look at what it will take to do the install. If it's something you don't want to do, have the dealership do it for you....
Hitch came on Friday. Great instructions like you said. I was also pleased to see that it comes with a ball mount as well as the hitch, harness, and rubber hitch cover. All-in-all, a very nice package for the price. Planning on installing in two weeks with my friend before too much road grime starts to accumulate on the bottom of the vehicle. I will post pics from the install.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2015+