post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Drives: Sedona 2008
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
New user looking for help with 08 Sedona not charging

Hello all, new to the forum. Was looking for some info and help. Have a 08 Sedona that was recently given to my wife a couple months back. I did search (maybe missed) but did not find what I was looking for. So last month had to put a alternator in it. Got loud and started smoking after starting. ( from what I read, probably due to valve cover leak). So after about 3 weeks the wipers stoped working. The nut on the bottom of the motor/transmission linkage, came off. After that repair started car and BATTERY and Brake light on. Alt not charging only getting 11.6 volts. Bad ALT ? Called to 800 that was with the ALT. After checking for field voltage at the Alt. Getting battery voltage on the Blue wire with KOEO. He tells me thats weird, that is coming from the PCM I should have voltage on the white wire. Took the ALT back just to have tested was told that it is good. So before I go any future can someone tell me which wire is the field wire or how this system works. Or if anyone might a charging diagram for a 2008. PS it has rear DVD (150A). Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for the help and sorry for the length. Wanted to give all the back ground.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Drives: Sedona 2008
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
All set guys. I got a wiring schematic. And fixed. Thanks for the help, great forum.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2006+