LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 2005 Kia Sedona
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
I need to remove the center console in my 2005 Sedona so I can remove the stereo. I haven't been able to find any obvious screws and I didn't want to just start prying the edges.

My youngest son put a penny in the cd player (I guess he wanted to hear the Gettysburg address lol) so I have to pull the stereo and probably replace it. I figured this would be a question someone had asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to roadrunnerges
If it's the same as a '99 model;
Remove ashtray
Pull fascia at left and work around - it's all a push-fit

good luck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 02:51 PM

Drives: 2003 Kia Sedona

Roadrunnerges, his car is an American car, they have totally different dashboards to us UK drivers.

Otherwise I'd have shown him loads of threads about UK car centre consoles being removed!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Drives: 2005 Kia Sedona

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by pepper@Nov 12 2005, 01:51 PM
Roadrunnerges, his car is an American car, they have totally different dashboards to us UK drivers.

Otherwise I'd have shown him loads of threads about UK car centre consoles being removed!
He's right. I did see some stuff on removing the console on UK versions. From what I have read, the same steps don't apply for my US Sedona. I was hoping someone with a US model could tell me how to do it. Thank you for the post though.

Jeff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:44 PM

alex52e,

The first thing you need to do is pop open the ashtray lid to access the removable
ashtray. Next, remove the ashtray and directly behind it you will find one #2 philliips screw. Remove this screw. Firmly grasp the trim fascia (I usually grab it low on the console next to the shifter and on the opposite side) and pull it away from the console. It is held in place by stiff spring loaded retaining clips. Don't be affraid of pulling, because the phillips screw you removed is the only screw that holds the trim to the console, the rest is held by those strong retaining clips. Once you have loosened the bottom of the trim, work the trim loose all the way around. You will then have to disconnect the cigar lighter wire connector, the power socket wiring connecter, and the cigar lighter illumination connector. Once this is done, you will see four #2 phillips screws holding on the fascia that the heater/A/C (HVAC) controller is mounted too. Remove those screws, and you will find four connectors plugged in on the left side of it (depending on the options you have). I can't remember off the top of my head what they all go to, but I do remember cruise switch, and rear defrost switch being on that side. At any rate, before you disconnect them, mark which connector goes where, as they will all inter change and only one switch has a green sticker to correspond with the green connector (I believe the other connector collors are blue, white and black. Ok, you will also find two connectors on the right side of the pannel, as well as the hazard switch at the top of the panel, and you will have to disconnect the HVAC controller connectors. Once this is done, that panel can be removed and you will see only four more #2 phillips screws holding the stereo in. Remove these and the radio will pull out. Then you only have the radio's connector and the antenna to unplug. Obviously, installation is reverse! Don't let the length of this scare you off, you can have your radio out in 15 minutes, even if it's your first time. You might want to check on an aftermarket stereo and mounting kit though, I've seen the price sticker on the radio's that I've replaced under warranty and they would give you a heart attack! One I replaced was over $800 dollars, dealerships cost! I believe it was the cd/tape/stereo model. Best of luck, repost if you have any other questions!
thorze likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:32 PM

Drives: 2006 2.9 CRDI auto diesel Kia Sedona
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

"Otherwise I'd have shown him loads of threads about UK car centre consoles being removed".
Yes please that's what I need so I can change my UK version....

Last edited by Paul Everitt; 05-29-2019 at 06:46 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 PM

Drives: 2005 Sedona

There’s a screw under the ashtray remove that then just gently pull going around till clips are all released. Great radio choice I made on mine was from crutchfield a Boss system with navigation,Bluetooth, backup cam streams music and video fits and looks factory for $220

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona (2002 - 2005)