Drives: Kia carnival 2003
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Unhappy

Hi,
I've Kia carnival 2003, and its not getting started.

Few days ago, I was at work and i'd left my car windows open while ,I was visiting construction site.i'd return to find out that some kids has broken my headlights switch.i'd return home and next morning when I try to start my van, it got started at first then slowly faded away and since then it's not booting up.
My father is expert in cars, he told me that there could be fuel injector problem or current flow.My father checked and made sure that every electronic systems are working and fuel circuit is fine as well.

Is this problem caused because of headlights switch?

One more thing, car was having problem for quite some days, it was getting shut Down while driving and some time it doesn't get start and once I turned key and try again while holding key at end, works.
Now it's permanently shutted down.

Please somebody help me.

Hi, I'd been having problem with my Kia carnival. It's not starting at all. It happened few days ago, when I tried to start it in morning, but it won't start. Prior to it, it has only got start once for minute or so, and then slowly faded. Since then it's hasn't been starting.

My father, who's expert on these things, suspected that there could be spark plug problem. But he checked and made sure that, it wasn't the case.

My father said, it could be fuel injectors problem, causing by primarily blockage. Or it could be pressure leak. But even in both of these cases, car should at least he start right?

Please help me out a here.

Last edited by ron1004; 11-26-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Duplicate posts and threads merged - no cross posting - moved to model specific section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Gallery: 13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Garage

Based on your description, I'm not sure if its cranking.

If it is cranking, try some starter fluid sprayed into the intake - it it runs on that, then its a fuel delivery problem.

You'd need to take it to an auto-electric shop to diagnose the electrical fault and confirm if the broken light switch is causing a problem - with everything turned off, pull the battery negative connection, and lightly tap it on the battery terminal and if you see some sparing, then it confirms that there's an unwanted parasitic battery drain, which you'll need to track down.

Quality and not quantity counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig image is 500X100 at 11.7 kb
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Garage

What's the mileage, the service history, when last was the timing belt kit changed, fuel filter, ........

Try spraying starter fluid into the intake manifold while someone cranks it, and if it starts it points to a fuel delivery problem.

Sounds like a lot of guessing on your fathers part, ..... best to follow a diagnostic approach.
MIA KIA 09 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Kia Carnival 2003 Oil Pump Not Working Properly

Hi,

My Kia Carnival is causing major problem, Couple of months ago it's engine died and I was advised to replace the engine. Ever since we replace the engine, car isn't starting or working. After some testing, I came to conclusion that Oil pump is not delivering proper oil to engine. I tested my theory by operating the Oil Pump, it works sometime (delivering full pressure of oil) and then it don't work at all sometime.

So whats seem to be the problem here? if oil pump is broken then it shouldn't work at all, but thats not the case. Is something else causing this problem?

Help me, Thanks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Kia Carnival 2003 Not Starting For a Year!

It's been a little over a year now that my KIA carnival 2003 won't start.

a year ago, my car shut down and it won't start, turned out the engine rings were pretty much melted, so I changed the engine, however ever since we change the engine, car won't start at all, before it starts and then fade away, but after changing the engine car won't start at all. I've showed it to couple of mechanics including the one that changed the engine but no one can figure it out, most mechanic said it must be "computer issue". so I bought the obd diagnostic tool and tested it and I received no codes at all. also I think obd diagnostic tool can only properly work if the car is on.

So I'm not sure what the issue is, I'm working on it for a year now, can someone help me, did anyone have same issue or something?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:48 PM

Drives: Sedona '02
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadFbk View Post
It's been a little over a year now that my KIA carnival 2003 won't start.

a year ago, my car shut down and it won't start, turned out the engine rings were pretty much melted, so I changed the engine, however ever since we change the engine, car won't start at all, before it starts and then fade away, but after changing the engine car won't start at all. I've showed it to couple of mechanics including the one that changed the engine but no one can figure it out, most mechanic said it must be "computer issue". so I bought the obd diagnostic tool and tested it and I received no codes at all. also I think obd diagnostic tool can only properly work if the car is on.

So I'm not sure what the issue is, I'm working on it for a year now, can someone help me, did anyone have same issue or something?
Kia sells different configuration Carnival/Sedona's in Asia, Europe, Pacific islands and North America. So, you have to state what type of engine, gas or diesel, how many cylinders, etc. Because those of us in the US cannot help you. We only get 6 cylinder engines here in N. America.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for answering,

It's 6 Cylinder, VAS 2.5 Petrol Engine.

and my mechanic checked everything, most of the thing are running fine, oil pressure is good and it's receiving current as well, so i'm not sure what the issue is, my father think it could be due to malfunction in anti theft? (if you can shed some light on it)

Also I have been seeing this weird light in dashboard simply Spelled "VAS" (which is engine name) and this light have been on since car broke. Interestingly, I rebound the engine yesterday with all new equipment and that light now disappeared, but car still won't start.

I think anti theft could be reason, as car took really long to start even before getting broke. please let me know what you guys think?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1004 View Post
What's the mileage, the service history, when last was the timing belt kit changed, fuel filter, ........

Try spraying starter fluid into the intake manifold while someone cranks it, and if it starts it points to a fuel delivery problem.

Sounds like a lot of guessing on your fathers part, ..... best to follow a diagnostic approach.
I tried every diagnostic experts and to be honest, there aren't many here and most of them don't take kia. so it has been real struggle.

I tried everything, and fuel pressure is normal, it's seem as so more of electronic problem.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Unread Today, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1004 View Post
If it is cranking, try some starter fluid sprayed into the intake - it it runs on that, then its a fuel delivery problem.

You'd need to take it to an auto-electric shop to diagnose the electrical fault and confirm if the broken light switch is causing a problem - with everything turned off, pull the battery negative connection, and lightly tap it on the battery terminal and if you see some sparking, then it confirms that there's an unwanted parasitic battery drain, which you'll need to track down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadFbk View Post
I tried every diagnostic experts and to be honest, there aren't many here and most of them don't take kia. so it has been real struggle.

I tried everything, and fuel pressure is normal, it's seem as so more of electronic problem.
Did you try "starter fluid sprayed into the intake" - if so, what was the response?

Your best bet would be the dealership, and if you don't have one of them, then search for a suitably qualified and equipped independent service centre.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona (2002 - 2005)