04 Sedona LX Keyless Entry Only Works When Driver's Side Door is Open - Kia Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Unhappy 04 Sedona LX Keyless Entry Only Works When Driver's Side Door is Open

Hi Guys,

I have searched everywhere for the past 3 days and have not found an answer to my problem. The keyless entry only works when the driver's side door is open and for about 2 seconds after the door is closed.

Background Info:

2004 Kia Sedona LX
It has a Hornet remote start installed that is still working correctly.
I have owned the vehicle for a year and the keyless entry has always worked fine until about a week ago. The battery was replaced about 2 months ago, but the keyless continued to work after that. Other than that, I can't think of any events that would have caused this issue.

All interior lights are working and dim as they should when the doors are closed. Everything else is working. The door locks work as they should, driver's side if I unlock it twice it unlocks all doors.

What I Have Tried:

Replaced Battery on Key Fob

Checked EVERY fuse in the fuse box under the hood and in the fuse box on the driver's side. I checked them all because I could not find one exclusively labeled for the keyless entry or locks.

As I was checking the fuses on the driver's side, I looked under the dash and there was a toggle switch just dangling. Now there is already a toggle kill switch installed in the dash for the remote start. I tried to chase the wires but could not get my hand in there far enough. My thoughts are that maybe the extra switch is for an auxiliary feature on the remote start that wasn't needed. I flipped it, nothing happened.

Reprogrammed the remote. Put a jumper wire between the 5 and 17 pins in the diagnostic connector under the hood. Turned the key on, pushed Lock twice on the remote, van dinged (chimed), and then I turned the key off. I am assuming since the car chimed at me that the remote is programmed. Ended with the same result, keyless entry only works when the driver's side door is open.

Pulled the negative on the battery for 5 minutes and quickly reconnected it. I had read that if there is more than one spark when connecting the battery that is causes the etac to go crazy.

I have tried to be through and I am hoping that this is an easy fix. This is such a pain to try to manually unlock the doors with a baby, diaper bag, and purse, especially if it is raining.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona (2002 - 2005)