Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Johannesburg South Africa
Drives: Kia Sorento 2010 Model, 2.2 CRDi 4WD, Diesel, 7 Seater.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorento Not Starting - ELECTRICALS or What?
Hi everyone. I need some help. My Sorento developed a hard start problem in the mornings and after a long period of parking. Now it refused to start whatsoever. This is what I did sor far:
1. Hook up a scan tool and get a P1186 - Low pressure in fuel rail.
2. Changed the fuel pump from the tank.
3. Changed the crankshaft sensor.
4. removed the injectors and thoroughly clean them
5. removed the glow pugs and checked. They're working.
6. Changed the fuel rail pressure regulator Part number 0281006037
7. remove and check the Fuel Pressure Control Valve. here is the part number 0928400752.
All these has been done as trial and error method to no avail. When the hard start developed, the vehicle will just not rev past the 3000rpm unless you switch off and on again. No error codes are found now but I have realised something which I need a confirmation with anyone with knowledge of auto electricals.
Using a test light from the battery positive the test light is lighting on all the wires in the crankshaft engine connector (ie plugs) in fact it is lighting on all wires present on all the sensors wiring connectors. For example, the crankshaft sensor, the inlet valve sensor and the camshaft sensor have three wires in the connectors and all the three wires are responding to the light tester. Are they supposed to do that or can I conclude that I now have an electrical problem?
The car has 173 000km (107497 miles) Kia Sorento 2010 Model, 2.2 CRDi RHD and the car is way out of warranty.
Your help will be appreciated!