Kia Forum - View Single Post - Please help the engine light on and off(2007 kia optima lx)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
raul678

Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesSpectra View Post
This is an item you can replace with simple tools and a few minutes of your time...
I don't know if you have a 4 cylinder or a V6 but a search on ebay brings one up for under $25...
New Oil Pressure Sender Fae 94750 37000 for Hyundai Accent Kia Borrego Optima | eBay

Post what engine you have and we'll get you a picture of where it is and what you need to replace it yourself...

Have you checked the level of the oil in your car? When was it last changed (with filter).. KIAs have problems with many NON OEM filters that will trigger the oil pressure light... I use only KIA/Hyundai or WIX brand filters...
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
So this Oil Pressure Sender is actually the engine oil pressure sensor?
It has 4 cylinders, 2.4L. Thank you so much for the picture and tell me what I need.

The mechanic checked the engine oil, they said the engine oil is still good (level and color).
I bought this car early Sep. The seller told me to change the oil at 81K miles. Currently it has almost 80K miles. So next time if I need to change the filter, I should use the OEM one, like KIA/HYUNDAI or WIX?

Currently the light doesn't turn on. So can I leave it until next time it come on?