Navigation updates - Kia Forum

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 98
Drives: 2017 Sportage SX - Pacific Blue/Brown interior, 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Navigation updates

I was wondering how often they release navigation map updates for the Sportage. Is it only once a year.


2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
Granite Crystal Metallic/Black interior
2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
tasdisr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 39
Drives: Sportage 2017 SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

FAQ

How often is the map updated?
We offer map updates once a year for older models. Newer models that store their data on SD cards have updates that are released twice a year.
brassardv is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 98
Drives: 2017 Sportage SX - Pacific Blue/Brown interior, 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassardv View Post
FAQ

How often is the map updated?
We offer map updates once a year for older models. Newer models that store their data on SD cards have updates that are released twice a year.
Thanks, not sure how I missed that on their web site.

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
Granite Crystal Metallic/Black interior
2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
tasdisr is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 12:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 20
Drives: 2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Use Android Auto / Car Play and maps are always updated.
RazorSky is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 70
Drives: 2016 Kia Optima SXL and 2017 Sportage EX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Very surprising and at the same time disappointing that you have to pay for map updates. 2017 Sportage EX and 2016 Optima SXL and I'm glad that it's only a 3 year lease. I should have paid more attention because I would 'assume' when you get the full blown navigation system, that maps would be updated. Learning process
lewbar is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lehighton, Pa.
Posts: 127
Drives: 2017 Kia Sportage EX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewbar View Post
Very surprising and at the same time disappointing that you have to pay for map updates. 2017 Sportage EX and 2016 Optima SXL and I'm glad that it's only a 3 year lease. I should have paid more attention because I would 'assume' when you get the full blown navigation system, that maps would be updated. Learning process
All manufacturers who offer the in vehicle nav system charge for map updates, not just Kia.
jeepgrady is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 98
Drives: 2017 Sportage SX - Pacific Blue/Brown interior, 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgrady View Post
All manufacturers who offer the in vehicle nav system charge for map updates, not just Kia.
This is true. My previous car was a Honda Crosstour and updates were usually $149.00 and every now and then they would drop the price down to $99.00 usually when a new update was near.

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
Granite Crystal Metallic/Black interior
2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
tasdisr is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 01:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 7
Drives: 2018 Sportage SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is Kia Sportage Navigation system compatible with WAZE

The Nav system in the 2018 Kia Sportage is not user friendly to say the least. I was wondering if this Nav system will is compatible with Waze maps in order to download routes. To put a long route with different HWY'S changes is very challenging if not impossible with the Kia NAV system. I find it totally frustrating and time consuming. You do not seem to be able to put in a HWY number followed by another HWY number without putting is a city/town at their junction, then it wants a street number etc. This of course takes you into the city which you are trying to avoid.

Last Choice
Last Choice is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: RI
Posts: 24
Drives: '18 Sportage SX AWD
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Choice View Post
The Nav system in the 2018 Kia Sportage is not user friendly to say the least. I was wondering if this Nav system will is compatible with Waze maps in order to download routes. To put a long route with different HWY'S changes is very challenging if not impossible with the Kia NAV system. I find it totally frustrating and time consuming. You do not seem to be able to put in a HWY number followed by another HWY number without putting is a city/town at their junction, then it wants a street number etc. This of course takes you into the city which you are trying to avoid.

Last Choice
Do you have an iPhone or Android? Both Apple Car Play using Apple Maps and Android Auto using Google Maps are far superior to the Kia map.
orm518 is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Expert
 
SSportage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 731
Drives: 2017 Sportage SX AWD
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by orm518 View Post
Do you have an iPhone or Android? Both Apple Car Play using Apple Maps and Android Auto using Google Maps are far superior to the Kia map.
My problem with that is that the cellphone has to be plugged in and unplugged multiple times every day.
This is a pain in the and will wear out or damage the USB port eventually. Also, just about 100% of
the time I have a thumb drive with thousands of songs on them plugged in. Just switched to a new one
after almost a year!

JK
SSportage is offline  
Reply


Top

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Sportage Forum > 4G 2016-2018+ Sportage



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittent traffic info on the navigation screen rtb001 Kia Carnival & Sedona 2015+ 7 09-14-2017 02:45 PM
Kia Rio's Navigation System updates - Android Auto Compatibilty ore_acevedo 3G (2012 - 2017) Rio 4 01-12-2016 09:36 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On