Join Date: May 2019
Location: South Florida
Drives: 2013 Kia Optima EX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2013 Optima EX Dual Zone AC problem. Driver warmer than passenger
Hello, First post. I tried the search and I didn't find a post with similar issues as I'm experiencing. If I missed a post please let me know.
My wife's 2013 Optima EX with dual zone AC has an issue where the drivers side AC blows warmer than the passenger. We have owned this car since new and it has 126,000 miles on it.
What I've done so far.
1. replaced the cabin filter
2. checked that the compressor clutch is functioning.
3. checked fuses
4. visually inspected the (sorry if I'm describing the part wrong) blending door servo. It's the servo that moves the flap in the duct work which allows more or less warmer air into the drivers side vents. It's locates above the throttle peddle in the drivers footwell. I turned up and down the driver AC temp control and the servo looks to move with a full range of motion. Also the servo that controls the selection of vents works.
5. changed vent selection and checked to see if warmer air is blowing from other driver side vents (foot, defrost etc.). So for example the air coming out of the front window defrost vent the driver side is warmer than the passenger side.
6. checked low pressure side of the AC using one of this AC in a can fixes with a gauge. The gauge reads middle of the green. No this is not the same as doing a hi side v low side comparison but the passenger side blows cold.
I'm at a loss as to what else to check. Any thoughts or recommendations would be very appreciated!