Kia Forum banner

Price on a New 09 EX V6

6K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Sevin 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am interested in picking up an new 09 EX V6 with the luxury and Comfort package. it stickers for approx 34k i was wondering what i should expect to pay for it before the rebates. any help would be appriceated .

thanks in advance
Charlie:D

#2 ·
I got

Last sept I bought a 09 EX 4x4 with the same packages, plus the navigation. MSRP was ~36k. They gave me 3k off plus 3k rebate. I probably could have gotten a better deal (hindsight and all), especially with this being an 09. I would hold out for at least an equitable deal (10% off MSRP plue rebate) though I have heard of some on here getting far more off sticker than that (up to 20% off sticker).

#4 ·
Sounds like I paid too much on my LX 4X4 with no options but floor mats. I got 4.5K rebates bringing it down to 22.5K. I called a few other dealers and looked at edmunds and such and this was the best I could get out of the three calls I made.

I can start kicking myself now I guess. It still seemed like a darn good value for 22.5K.

#6 ·
There are some great deals on low mileage Borregos. You can get a Limited 4X4 with less than 7K miles for 28K. I would definitely go V8 over V6. I was able to get my Limited 4X4 new for 29500. My dealership did not have one but their corporate office over in Jersey had one just sitting there for show so I was able to get a great deal of 10K off sticker.

#8 ·
That is pretty good.

That is pretty good. I ended up paying for options I really didn't want (navigation). But as I had a hard time finding a 4x4 EX in the Atlanta area, I went ahead and paid for the extra fluff.

QUOTE=kb9nvh;274089]Sounds like I paid too much on my LX 4X4 with no options but floor mats. I got 4.5K rebates bringing it down to 22.5K. I called a few other dealers and looked at edmunds and such and this was the best I could get out of the three calls I made.

I can start kicking myself now I guess. It still seemed like a darn good value for 22.5K.[/QUOTE]

#10 ·
Hi, Guys. I am a brand new member and a brand new Borrego owner. I picked up our untitled dealer vehicle, with 10K miles(Corporate Vehicle) last Saturday. I did a lot of online shopping and local shopping as well. I finally found my Borrego limited 2wd, with a cargo package for $23,700. This was the best deal I found, and It was only $1600 more than the New LX with Convenience Package at my local dealer. I flew up North and drove the 1200 miles home over the next 2 days. The ride was great and not a bit of a problem. I may case I found the best deal on a used one by far. I did find another Limited 2wd in Atlanta with 6k miles in the $25k range after negotiations. Amazing vehicle!!!

#11 ·
Were did you end up getting yours? (up north?). What sites did you use to find yours? Am in the same boat...looking for the best possible deal. There is one locally (EX, chrome and leather(no heat)) with 5000miles but he doesn't seem to want to go below 25,800. Not sure that is really the best deal. We are heading out now to look again at a local dealer.

#13 ·
I got mine at Gary Rome KIA, in Enfield CT. Good people to work with. My salesmen name was John Bruso. Another Borrege we were looking at was an EX 2x4 with 16k miles. it had all the packages and DVD. Around Thanksgiving it was advertised on their site for $21,900. They are asking $23,900 now. The dealership is Mission-Shawanee KIA in around Kansas City.

#14 ·
Not to bring up old threads from the dead, but I am looking to buy a new 09 EX V6 here very shortly.

Dealer near me has a copperhead w black interior with an MSRP of $31,430. Right now I have a price of just over $26k after rebates (but before TTL). Website shows it with 2 miles (but also shows it with an I4 engine lol). I'm thinking I might be able to get it for somewhere in the mid-high 25's, which would put me in the same range as a fully loaded Ford Escape, but the Borrego is a lot more car for that price.

Does that seem like a good deal?

#15 ·
Just to put things into perspective, I just purchased a 2009 Borrego which had an MSRP of $37,425 for $24,700 before Tax and Title. It was a Kia representatives vehicle and he put 8,000 miles on it. It is an EX - V8 copperhead with grey leather, navigation, sunroof, and all of the other goodies. It isn't a "limited," but just about. I love it so far. The V8 on a 2WD is rated at 22 MPG on the highway. It has loads of power and shifts so smoothly I wasn't too sure about the color at first, but it has really grown on me.

#21 ·
New Kia Borrego

Purchased my 2009 EX AWD 6 cylinder, leather, 17" chrome wheels, remote start, pin stripe, cargo cover last week.
Sticker was 32170.00 and with 3500 rebate and 1500 additional rebate I got it for $23,411.00

The dealer in PA here just purchased 476 new leftover's from Kia.
Their lot is filled!

#22 ·
Used 09 LX Borrego

I got my used LX (pretty basic) V6 for 18,000 out the door (tax, title, shipping) last month. It had 27,000 miles and the color is copper. The dealership (Hyundai Preston Boardman, OH) erronously listed as a 2008. Unknown to them there were a few that got out with the wrong VIN number, good for me:) Bought it over internet and had them ship it to me at there cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.