Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Attawapiskat Ontario Canada
Drives: 2017 Kia Sorento (run about)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
In my one vehicle, I bought / installed 3rd party Fog lights.
For this task:
- Removed spacer plates and installed FOG light assembly.
- Installed LED Fog light bulbs (instead of provided Halogen bulbs).
- Ran 1 LED bulb wire (16 gauge thickness) to Frame ground.
- Ran 1 LED bulb wire (16 gauge thickness) to together - to join into a single 12 Gauge thick wire.
- Ran thick 12 gauge wire through firewall - to optional manual off/on switch.
- Installed "add-a-fuse" onto rear wiper fuse
- Installed 7.5 Amp fuse (in add-a-fuse).
Note: Using LED bulbs (that use very little watts) means NO relay is needed either.
Very simple and clean install. And, its been running great for 4 months. And, using rear wiper doesn't blow fuse either.
5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions..... LOL!