Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Drives: 2016 Sorento SX AWD 3.3L
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Review of Prod 2/2015 2016 Sorento SX AWD
This is a review of my 2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD. Prod date 2/15!
A. I would not buy this car yet. There seem to be errors in the production specifications. The 2016 produced this early has issues. Wait for Kia to figure them out and fix. I bought a got not what I thought I was getting.
1. All Prior and current year Kia models with the EX Premium package come with ventilated front seats. The 2016 Sedona SX does (almost identical car), the Sorento SXL does. All except the 2016 SX with EX Premium package! This is most likely a production error. If you want ventilated seats and this model, beware. Wait for Kia to iron out the mistake.
The EX Premium package is standard on the SX. Not an option. Part of it as standard!
The 2015 Sorento SX brochure shows the SX and SXL both as having ventilated seats. They both have the EX Premium package.
2. The brochures that came out in April 2015 on the 2016 Sorento show both the SX and SXL as having Illuminated Scuff Trim standard. My SX did not come with the Illuminated Scuff Trim. Kia has not produced an acceptable response to this. As in, provide the Illuminated Scuff Trim.
3. The Map/Nav unit in the 2016 was loaded with 2015 software/firmware. Per Kia Map update center, Kia had to put something in to make it turn on, but the 2016 head unit is a different model than the 2015 and the software/firmware will not work correctly. Symtoms included incorrect routes to destinations, can't find address's, etc. Tested against a Garmin unit which didn't have any of the issue's the 2016 Kia one has.
Solution is to wait until the REAL time frame a 2016 model would come out in October 2015 for the Update for Maps to make it work correctly. Per Kia map update center.
4. I used to have a 2011 Sportage EX AWD and it handled much better. Different car yes. But the Sorento pivots and bounces at highway speeds on uneven roads and is a battle to control. The shocks and springs definitly leave something to be desired. If you like good handling, you won't find it here. Except and slower than 45 speeds, very comfy!
5. Kia eliminated front caster adjustment on this model. Came off from the factory with more caster on the left than right which is opposite of what it should be for road crown. Rear Camber is maxed out just to stay in spec. That's with new springs. No room for spring sag. Will wear inside of tires out prematurely.
1. Very comfortable seats.
2. Love that sunroof. But deflector is a little large!
3. Lots of room.
4. Engine performs well.
5. Good gas mileage. Typically 22-24 city, 28-32 highway.
6. Good towing capacity. Mileage towing 2200 lbs is around 20-23.
Feel free to ask questions.
Last edited by altaski; 08-02-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Reason: Typo in heading