Second Notice Product Improvement Campaign - Kia Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 8
Drives: 2014 KIA Sorento 2.4L FWD 49,000 and 97 mercury mountaineer V8
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Second Notice Product Improvement Campaign

Got another notice Product Improvement Campaign there wanting to give me a $50 unrestricted Visa prepaid debit card

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_191331.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	105026  

Last edited by tmike; 04-19-2019 at 10:53 PM.
tmike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 AM
LMP
Senior Member
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicoutimi, Quebec Canada
Posts: 332
Drives: Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

I suppose this means you did not have an engine replacement yet. At 49kMiles (78000km) you are just a few kMiles above mine, a 2015 built in May 2014...very close after the limit date where KIA says they had corrected their manufacturing problem. I still hope my 2.4 will be OK and KIA Canada did not send me any recall of any kind since I bought it in Oct 2016...

Bought in Oct 2016 at 55000km, now (Apr 2019) at 73000 km. I like cars...
LMP is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 8
Drives: 2014 KIA Sorento 2.4L FWD 49,000 and 97 mercury mountaineer V8
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
never had the engine replace that I know of. I bought it used I did let them do the SC147 inspection test but I declined the software update the car has 52,000 miles on it now
tmike is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 56
Drives: Sorento LX 2014
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I got the second notice and $50 gift card offer as well. I have over 90k miles mine and the third owner so my warranty has been gone since 60k miles. Hopefully they won't charge me anything for the software upgrade. I did do the recall and they said my engine was fine.
Bodycount9 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 45
Drives: 2017 Sorento SXL
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
I suppose this means you did not have an engine replacement yet. At 49kMiles (78000km) you are just a few kMiles above mine, a 2015 built in May 2014...very close after the limit date where KIA says they had corrected their manufacturing problem. I still hope my 2.4 will be OK and KIA Canada did not send me any recall of any kind since I bought it in Oct 2016...
you should visit your dealership. I got a 2015 with 2.4 and I had to do this "upgrade" as per my dealer.
Tinted is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rockvale, TN
Posts: 69
Drives: 2014 Sorento LX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount9 View Post
I got the second notice and $50 gift card offer as well. I have over 90k miles mine and the third owner so my warranty has been gone since 60k miles. Hopefully they won't charge me anything for the software upgrade. I did do the recall and they said my engine was fine.
Your engine is under warranty for 15 years / unlimited mileage if it fails due to issues related to the SC147 recall. And that's regardless if you are the original owner or the 10th.

Last edited by 2014 Sorento LX; 04-23-2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added thought
2014 Sorento LX is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 56
Drives: Sorento LX 2014
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 Sorento LX View Post
Your engine is under warranty for 15 years / unlimited mileage if it fails due to issues related to the SC147 recall. And that's regardless if you are the original owner or the 10th.
Per the mail that was sent to me:

Kia will provide lifetime warranty coverage to both new and used vehicle owners for engine long block assembly repairs needed due to excessive connecting rod bearing damage.

So it's lifetime coverage, not 15 years. However I have to keep my maintenance record up to date and follow it which I haven't been following it. Looks like they wrote themselves a loophole since who's going to keep up with maintenance to the correct mile after 100,000 miles? Maybe some by the book customers will but for the normal person, I don't see it happening. I tend to change my oil at 10,000 to 12,000 miles since I use higher grade oil with Royal Purple. I feel it's a waste if I do it at 7500 miles like the book says.
Bodycount9 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 45
Drives: 2017 Sorento SXL
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 Sorento LX View Post
Your engine is under warranty for 15 years / unlimited mileage if it fails due to issues related to the SC147 recall. And that's regardless if you are the original owner or the 10th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount9 View Post
Per the mail that was sent to me:

Kia will provide lifetime warranty coverage to both new and used vehicle owners for engine long block assembly repairs needed due to excessive connecting rod bearing damage.

So it's lifetime coverage, not 15 years. However I have to keep my maintenance record up to date and follow it which I haven't been following it. Looks like they wrote themselves a loophole since who's going to keep up with maintenance to the correct mile after 100,000 miles? Maybe some by the book customers will but for the normal person, I don't see it happening. I tend to change my oil at 10,000 to 12,000 miles since I use higher grade oil with Royal Purple. I feel it's a waste if I do it at 7500 miles like the book says.
lifetime engine warranty is useless if they dont make the engine any more.
Tinted is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 56
Drives: Sorento LX 2014
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Well I'm scheduled to take my car in tomorrow morning for the software update. Will show them the letter to make sure they let Kia know it happened so they send me the $50 gift card.
Bodycount9 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 8
Drives: 2014 KIA Sorento 2.4L FWD 49,000 and 97 mercury mountaineer V8
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Im in no rush to get this software update. I don't feel like going to the dealer every time it go in to limp mode so they can disconnect the battery and say they fixed it
tmike is offline  
Reply


Top

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Sorento Forum > 2014 - 2015 Sorento Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reduce Rear Sag-confirm product... Spike99 2016+ Sorento 2 08-13-2018 10:23 AM
Has anyone received their Sorento recall notice? Jrkmo 2011 - 2013 (XM) Sorento Forum 3 10-09-2017 08:07 PM
The making of Kia Picanto’s digital campaign [Video] administrator Kia News 0 10-19-2015 09:00 PM
‘Gear Up’ your life with Kia’s new global brand campaign administrator Kia News 0 07-06-2015 03:20 AM
01-04 Optima Subframe Inspection Campaign Sc075 KIAPARTSOURCE Kia Magentis & Optima Forum 3 12-28-2009 07:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On