Hey for anyone who is interested in a little bit of a guide on replacing the door lock actuator on you kia sorento im starting this thread for you. I will use the drivers rear door as my example and it might differ slightly front to back.
1. First remove the door panel by removing the three retaining screws(phillips#2). 1is behind a cover plate on the inner door latch. 1 is behind a small plastic plug on the outer edge of the door panel and one is inside the door pull grip on your armrest.
2. Remove the triangle shaped trim above the door panel by gently pulling it. Its help on with plasstic push pins.
3. Place a flat tip screwdriver behind the bottom of the door panel and pull and pry gently to release the door panel retaining clips. Now diconnect the 4 screws that hold inner door and to the door panel and disconnect any electrical connectors.
4. You should now see the big silver access panel on image 3. Remove the 10mm bolts that hold it on and set aside.
5. On the bottom of the access panel you see a 1.5 inch access hole. Roll your window all the way down and you will see a number 3 phillips that retains the window to the the guide. Carefully remove that screw and grab with a pair of pliars as to not drop it. Once removed grab the window and slide it all the way up securing it with adhesive tape using a rag to protect the paint and rubber.
6. Pull the access panel down and out slightly and you will be avbe to see behind it. Take the 2 bolts and nut (all 10mm) rhat hold the gray window guide out and remove the guide feom the vehicle. Be carefull to secure the guige with you hand while unbolting it or it will fall inside the door.pictures of the rest of the removal will be in the comments as i reached my attachment limit.. Once the guide is out reach back through and gently pry the outer door handle tension clip off the backside of the outer door handle. This clip is big and white and squeezes around the backside of the outer door handle. Just pry the clip up and off.
7. Now from the outside edge of door remove the 3 torqs #30
screws that retain the actuator to the door itself. Remove the grey plastic child safety lock plastic round by sliding a screwdriver and gently prying it up and out.
8. Now grab the big silver access panel itself and begin wiggling out and up gently and the as you pull it back the door latch actuator will come with it. Dont try to completly remove just yet cause the outer door handle cable is still attached. This is the trickiest part. The outer door latch cable is clipped to the outer door handle by slipping into a snug slot. I use a flashlight to illuminate behind the panel and get my finfer behind the cables retention clio and pry it out. Them the cable itself is attached via ball clip the you have to guide out of its slot. Once done you can now remove the door latch actuator and replace with your new one. Now install everything in reverse order.
This job is pretty easy once your familiar with it it shouldnt take more than an hours worth of your time. Enjoy!!